Hummingbird 2020

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
This little diehard was out braving the storm just a bit ago. Even though the pic is kinda wonky, you can tell that the wind was getting with it.
9a28f95cb59d86d10b6084a09b97f5b4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They’ve probably been around all along. Without the feeder, there was no reason to stop. They’re funny that way.
They'll show up at the same spot if you've had a feeder out for a few years. Having one in an area you frequently view will help (they would buzz our patio door if we were slow to put our feeder out).

I've also had 'em buzz my orange chain hoist when the shop doors were open. Bright colors are a definite attraction. :D
:drunk2:

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a feeder on our front porch and have 3 humming birds battling over it, its quite comical to watch them. I have nicknamed one bully, he seems to be the one that has claimed the feeder for his own and chases the other two away as soon as they try to slide in when they think hes not looking. This goes on all day long.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a feeder on our front porch and have 3 humming birds battling over it, its quite comical to watch them. I have nicknamed one bully, he seems to be the one that has claimed the feeder for his own and chases the other two away as soon as they try to slide in when they think hes not looking. This goes on all day long.

I had one like that last year. He would perch in a nearby tree and chase other hummingbirds away from the feeder and out of my backyard. After a few minutes, he would return to his sentry perch. I never did figure out how far he chased them. There were 2 or 3 others he was defending against. I laughed several times when he was chasing one out of the yard when another would slip in for a quick drink.

Latest posts

Top Bottom