Hummingbird 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We typically put ours out April 10th each year. Seems the first hummingbirds show up at our place between April 10th to the 15th. Most don't show up until about the end of April. It's amazing how they remember where the feeders have been placed and when they show up, they will go to the place where the feeders have been the year before, even if there is no feeder yet there. Amazing birds. Nature is amazing!

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have hummers & bluebirds. No hummers yet, but the blues have a nest with eggs. Should hatch next week. Put put the dried mealworms & they fly in the feeder right after I fill it.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put the feeder out yesterday. Haven't seen any yet.

I have a record of Hbird sightings for over 20 years. I record in the calendar when I see the first one of the year, and copy it to the new calendar every year.

Early April is when I start seeing them, first week is not too early to have the feeder out.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't know any better so put ours out two weeks ago along with a traditional bird feeder. The "regular bird feeder is getting hammered by all sorts of bird; blue jays of some sort, cardinals, a jet black bird with red on their wings and bunch of other small cool looking birds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom