Hummingbird 2020

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a bluebird murder in one of our bluebird houses. At first I figured it was a house sparrow, but then I read that male bluebirds will fight over a female, and we have a breading pair in another bluebird house that I now realize is too close.
We have a lot of bird drama at our house.

Still haven't seen a hummer yet.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a bluebird murder in one of our bluebird houses. At first I figured it was a house sparrow, but then I read that male bluebirds will fight over a female, and we have a breading pair in another bluebird house that I now realize is too close.
We have a lot of bird drama at our house.

Still haven't seen a hummer yet.
I got tired of a dominant house sparrow running off a male bluebird and finally dispatched him with a pellet gun. But, I think I was too late. Bluebirds have not moved in to the house.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using CCI quiet to keep my sparrow population down, but they keep coming.
I need to do something different. I live in a neighborhood full of soccer moms. One or two shots from my RWS Diana pellet gun is about all I can do without drawing attention. I need a suppressor for my pellet guns.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my suppressed .22 with cci quiet makes less noise than my gamo pellet gun, and the 22 is way more accurate.
I just have to be more careful about what direction I'm shooting with the .22 since it carries further.

Latest posts

Top Bottom