i am not a whinner, but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday at 4:30 in BA I was sitting at a red light in front of lowes on My new 2012 night rod special. I was first in line thank God. I was rearended by a school bus. The bike shot out from under me and I went for a 150 foot ride under the bus when the bus got stopped it was on my left foot. I had surgery last night and again on Monday. I have broken left femur shattered tibula and fibula and a shattered pelvice. Sever case of road rash on lower body. My bike was totaled. I am very thankful for many things. I am alive, I am not paralized. The bus driver never hit the breaks before impact and was going 35 mph. I dont know what caused this to happen, all I know is I feel very lucky that I came out of this as good as I did. My fireams stayed in the holster, it ripped off a glove. THe police and EMTs and firemen where the best. I have gotten my weapon and bike back home.
I am thankful for to many things to list. God looking after me tops hat list.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hope the healing goes well, Sir! As you will shortly OWN that school district, shall we start referring to you as Superintendent Zane?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday at 4:30 in BA I was sitting at a red light in front of lowes on My new 2012 night rod special. I was first in line thank God. I was rearended by a school bus. The bike shot out from under me and I went for a 150 foot ride under the bus when the bus got stopped it was on my left foot. I had surgery last night and again on Monday. I have broken left femur shattered tibula and fibula and a shattered pelvice. Sever case of road rash on lower body. My bike was totaled. I am very thankful for many things. I am alive, I am not paralized. The bus driver never hit the breaks before impact and was going 35 mph. I dont know what caused this to happen, all I know is I feel very lucky that I came out of this as good as I did. My fireams stayed in the holster, it ripped off a glove. THe police and EMTs and firemen where the best. I have gotten my weapon and bike back home.
I am thankful for to many things to list. God looking after me tops hat list.

Geez man, that's an excuse to whine if I've ever seen one. Hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh my God... yeah. Not that it will ever make up for the pain and suffering you're going through, but you're going to be in good shape financially after all this.

I'm sure JB would be happy to help you out! ;)

Sorry to hear the misfortune, but I am truly thankful that you are alive and going to recover, hopefully 110%. Give thanks!

And if you need any help, don't hesitate to let us know!

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! I pray you will have a speedy recovery. I wonder if the bus driver was texting or talking on their cell phone? Best wishes to you and keep us informed of your progress.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Praying for a speedy and complete recovery. As a feel motorcycle rider I've had some close calls and feel I'm blessed for not being injured. I'm glad you lived through it and if theirs anything I can do to help please let me know. Again I'm glad your alive and hope for a quick recovery.

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damb!! When I first opened this I totally expected to read some crybaby crap, now you sir deserve to whine and yet I didnt get that perception at all! Prayers for a speedy recovery and hopefully everything else works out for you as well!!

Wolfer69

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
John,

My prayers will be with you. You are a tough guy, and I know you will pull thru. I got a email from Seeklander at USSA. I know they are going to try to help, and I am sure you will have a lot of folks behind you.

This does bring up a point to ponder. The older I get, the more transient I consider the condition of life.

We all have a list of things we will do tomorrow. The best thing is to start on that list today.

We are one idiot on their cellphone away from death every time we step foot in the car.

Call your kids and mom and tell them you love them every day. If there is something in that bucket list - DO IT!

Latest posts

Top Bottom