I had a run in with a CCW'er last night...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j707h

Marksman
Reaction score
i'm on two vehicles and have seperate verifications for each with the vehicle listed that it goes to

Nice for proving the vehicle you're in is on your policy, but don't let the way the paperwork is issued confuse you.

If you have a valid driver's license but don't own a vehicle, you're still required to carry liability. It's called a non owner's liability policy.
In the same vein, when a teenager in the household gets his or her first DL... if the kid can legally drive he or she must be rated on a vehicle, whether they own it or not.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I'm always a hardass, especially when it's a matter of principle.

And KOBET, I'll reiterate; Security verifs are issued to people not vehicles. Notice if you are covered on two vehicles how you get one verification with your name on it, not two, unique to each vehicle. Liability, which pays for the damage you do to others and their property, follows the insured and is reflected on a security verification.
Comp and Collision follow the vehicle and is not represented on a security verification.
If you were to wreck your friends vehicle, your liability insurance would cover anyone injured or anything damaged if you were at fault. Your friend's collision would cover repairs for their vehicle.

I have an insurance license and experience in the ins field, so believe whatever you want but this is fact. Ask any adjuster.

[Broken External Image]

Thats funny cause when I got in a fender bender driving my wife's car (then girlfriend) Her insurance paid, and up until a coupole of years ago, I was not allowed on her policy, do you suck at your job?

It's also funny because it's ludicrous.

j707h

Marksman
Reaction score
Thats funny cause when I got in a fender bender driving my wife's car (then girlfriend) Her insurance paid, and up until a coupole of years ago, I was not allowed on her policy, do you suck at your job?

Paid for what exactly? And what were the specific circumstances? Your detailess story is a poor retort.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Paid for what exactly? And what were the specific circumstances? Your detailess story is a poor retort.

So you have a license and have done work in the field. Are you currently working in the field? Company or independent agent? Just curious.

Oh, and at least you're not a cop. :)

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't get stopped much, but when I do I hand my DL and CHL to the Officer. In all instances they have asked where it is, I tell them, then if they do ask for my insurance I tell them where it is and that I am reaching for it. never had an issue....

I appreciate you sharing, and not trying to be critical as it is easy to sideline quarter back these deals, did the other Officer take note of how this went down and potentially change his approach when a driver hands him a CHL?

It's hard for me to blame this all on the CHL holder based on what you have said.

Trust me....me and my partner had a talk....

Latest posts

Top Bottom