I hate Whole Foods Market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had never heard of the Oklahoma Food Coop before this thread, looks like something me and the other half would like to do.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went there once. The only thing I bought was the gluten-free tamari.

It was pretty evident why 2/3's of the people shopping in there looked anorexic. I can shop smart elsewhere with my paleo diet and pay less than half what it would be at Whole Foods.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how do they test it to see if its organic or not. Bananas all look the same. do they test one out of every bunch?
I've tried both, they look the same,smell the same, taste the same but the organics cost 50-100% more.
I think its mostly a scam on tree hugging/feel good for the environment yuppies.
the only good deal I found at the one in Tulsa is sandwiches in their deli. you get a pretty nice big sandwich for $5.

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how do they test it to see if its organic or not. Bananas all look the same. do they test one out of every bunch?
I've tried both, they look the same,smell the same, taste the same but the organics cost 50-100% more.
I think its mostly a scam on tree hugging/feel good for the environment yuppies.
the only good deal I found at the one in Tulsa is sandwiches in their deli. you get a pretty nice big sandwich for $5.

To be labeled organic I believe that the farm where it is raised is inspected and they have to keep detailed records that are audited.

Of course I learned that by reading the producer notes from the Ok Food Coop page. One of the farms that sells products there isn't organic and they state the reason is because of the cost for the records and the inspection fees and they can't afford it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

All you need to know about labeling. http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/getfile?dDocName=STELDEV3004446&acct=nopgeninfo

Latest posts

Top Bottom