I think I’m going to buy a Tesla

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting a voting ID means you must do something for the good of someone else.
They can plug in electronics when it benefits them.

I say if you want an EV then get one.
If you are even contemplating getting a Tesla I am sure you did the math and if you did and are thinking about getting one
then chances are pretty good that you are in a financial situation that will allow you to do so.

If the battery fails then worry about it when it does and if your financial situation is not so good at that time you
either wait until it is and get the battery or do an LS swap Tesla

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Musk. I do know he's a big "Global Warming" guy and thinks the planet is doomed, but he seems to be open to science and logic. He's come around on other issues, like the plandemic. Plus the guy's got moxie. Nothing says "up yours!" like buying the guy's company that's ticking you off.
That reminds me of the commercial wheat harvester I worked for one summer. We had just finished a guy's place up in Nebraska and went to get steaks at the only restaurant in town. He ordered a medium steak and it was mooing when brought out. He told them to cook it to medium well and it came back burnt black.

He found the owner, asked him how much for the restaurant, opened his wallet, and paid it on the spot. He fired the cook and told the owner to cook another steak or he would get fired also.

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy at work picked up one a few months ago. Fast little rigs.
Ask him about how running his heater or a/c zaps the batteries. Yea they are quick. The wife thought about one so she found a dealer and test drove it. Zero to sixty in less than 5 seconds. That also zaps the batteries. If you get a new Tesla you have to pick it up in Kansas City from what they told her. Several other companies are offering EV’s - KIA, VW, Hyundai (for some reason you can’t buy one in Oklahoma) and Ford (Mustang). Most are covering the batteries for 8 yrs or 100k miles. Charging times on a ordinary household plug could be days. A friend said he got an electrician to put in a 240 plug and upgraded his box for $175 which was a steal and far under the up to $1000 for a level 2 plug. He said about 4 hrs if the car is at 70%. He charges it only on off-peak hours.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom