If You Are PLanning To Fill The Gas Tank....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. Guys are losing contracts, this doesn't include contracts that will expire from now until mid year. Also to consider is that the oil industry is an integral part of trucking as well. Aside from moving it, lots of guys from here to Houston specialize in moving large and specialized equipment. That's going bye-bye too.

I can think of other industries as well, Well services, Gamma ray companies, Machine shops.....

But I guess those guys should've had a 500k in the bank for a rainy day.

http://www.trucking.org/News_and_Information.aspx

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, let's take it a step further - I run a shop that uses millions of dollars worth of a petroleum product. Oil prices directly affect the profitability of the company I work for. (several thousand employees) If low oil prices drive our costs down, and our profits up, some of that gets passed on to the employees. Why shouldn't I want a better deal for my group, even if it's at the expense of another group?

High oil prices benefitted oil companies and their workers at the expense of everyone else. Now that the shoe is on the other foot it's not so funny. Everybody has good times and bad. It's the oilfields time for a down market now. They've had a helluva good run for 15 years.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Whatcha think you got there ACE? Not that it reflects local or regional trucking companies specifically....

From your link....

“At the expense of sounding like a broken record, I remain concerned about the high level of inventories throughout the supply chain. The total business inventory-to-sales record is at the highest level in over a decade, excluding the Great Recession period. This will have a negative impact on truck freight volumes over the next few months at least. And, this inventory cycle is overriding any strength from consumer spending and housing at the moment” he said.

Looks like he's parroting what I just said. The full realization hasn't even hit yet.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatcha think you got there ACE?

From your link....

The full realization hasn't even hit yet.
Nice cherry picking job there ACE.

Bottom line is when a consumer spends $10 instead of $40 at the pump the $30 difference doesn't just go poof and disappear.
It goes somewhere that it wouldn't have gone otherwise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom