Images from Tulsa Courthouse Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know, right. It's almost like his hands and wrists were covered in blood and no LEO's had latex/nitrile gloves too.

Bloodborne pathogens? Nonsense! Those deputies should've donned PPE prior to engaging the felonious criminal. That way they could've rendered immediate 1st Aid as soon as he started to bleed! :rolleyes2

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I reckon LEOs have a whole host of duties to attend to during and after a deadly force incident...I wouldn't expect rendering first aid to the criminal who instigated the incident to be anywhere near the top of the list, if it's on the list at all.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bloodborne pathogens? Nonsense! Those deputies should've donned PPE prior to engaging the felonious criminal. That way they could've rendered immediate 1st Aid as soon as he started to bleed! :rolleyes2

I would think that pressure could be safely applied without fear of any of that. Use the bottom of your boot to apply firm pressure. You can wipe the sole of when you remove it, and can rinse them off later, and feel good knowing you probably saved his life.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe they dont want to touch him til paramedics are on hand. moving someone around could just do more harm if not done correctly. but i dont know.
these pictures strengthen my confidence in local law enforcement.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would think that pressure could be safely applied without fear of any of that. Use the bottom of your boot to apply firm pressure. You can wipe the sole of when you remove it, and can rinse them off later, and feel good knowing you probably saved his life.

what he said

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have any of you that are saying they shoulda put pressure or stopped the bleeding had formal medical training? A hit from the diaphram up needs an occlusive dressing to prevent a tension pneumothorax. Direct pressure to the source of the bleed, and those pesky ribs get in the way of that. I'm sure some of those LEO's would love to stand on his chest for you. Unfortunately there's a reason no one in the medical field wears leather gloves, and no one is willing to toss a pair of Danners cause they were being dumb and got blood.in the leather.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was bein a smart ass. Only thing applying a pair of danners to the wound is gonna do is make the turd grit his teeth enough to set off the bullet you gave him to bite on. The officers "standing around" dont have the equipment, and likely the training to do anything, so they are doing whats best, securing the scene and letting the guys trained to handle it handle it.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rule #1 is I'm #1, No protection for me, very little I can do for you unless family. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), as of June 1994, there were 401,749 confirmed cases of AIDS in the U.S., and approximately 300,000 people become infected with hepatitis B annually. It is estimated that a further 1.5 million people in the U.S. are infected with HIV, and that most are between the ages of 25 and 49 and are active members of the workforce and these numbers were from 1994!

Latest posts

Top Bottom