Images from Tulsa Courthouse Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where excactly did he get shot? I never heard.

I am not sure the exact areas, but TV news here in Tulsa reported it included the face

Anybody know if the shooter was actually shooting at people?? All I heard on the news reports was that he was shooting into the air??

Just wondered if he shot the deputy and the "bystander" or if they were accidentally shot by law enforcement??

I always figured he was attempting suicide by cop??

Form the reports, the deputy was shot in the hand/wrist, with the bullet traveling up his arm towards his elbow. I suspect he was holding/aiming his pistol for his arm to be parallel to the ground and receive a wound channel like that. So it seems mostly clear that he was intentionally shooting the officer.

The bystander, again from what I heard on Tulsa news, was shot while standing in the library entrance, which is across the courtyard from the courthouse. This could well imply that he was hit with an officer's bullet, as it would be unlikely that an officer would have been between the perp and the library; the officers would most certainly have been entering the scene from the courthouse side. I also agree this most certainly was a suicide by cop attempt.

Note: this is what I pieced together based on the Tulsa news reports I saw/heard. I'm not asserting it as 100% factual, but just what I understand. It makes sense to me, but draw your own conclusions.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy freakin' crap! These LEOs are looking to secure the area. They aren't friggin' paramedics. A fellow law officer had been shot in this exchange. I'm sure they had other things on their minds other than "putting pressure" on this a-hole's wounds. They don't have a "bleed-out" policy. They have a "let's make sure this guy is the only threat and secure this freaking area" policy.

jimeradams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy freakin' crap! These LEOs are looking to secure the area. They aren't friggin' paramedics. A fellow law officer had been shot in this exchange. I'm sure they had other things on their minds other than "putting pressure" on this a-hole's wounds. They don't have a "bleed-out" policy. They have a "let's make sure this guy is the only threat and secure this freaking area" policy.

^ + 1,000 on this!

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love where this thread went. OP was kind of playing devil's advocate, I was just wondering what LEO's responsibility was in terms of rendering aid until real paramedics arrive. Clearly, I got my answer to that.

Stay safe out there ladies and gents.

PS: The bleed out policy comment was a joke, I just know that if I was laying on the ground with 8 people standing just staring at me while I bleed I'd want some help. Granted, I'd never go into a courthouse shooting people either so...yeah.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how that guy's .22lr revolver put a .40s&w slug into a guy in the library.

Is there a new .22 revolver that I don't know about, or does TCSO need some quick training on knowing your target and what's beyond it?

I thought that the cleet training was a little more in depth than the hunter's safety class, but I guess not?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how that guy's .22lr revolver put a .40s&w slug into a guy in the library.

Is there a new .22 revolver that I don't know about, or does TCSO need some quick training on knowing your target and what's beyond it?

I thought that the cleet training was a little more in depth than the hunter's safety class, but I guess not?

I guess you've never been on the job, so you probably don't know c'mere from sic'em. :(

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess you've never been on the job, so you probably don't know c'mere from sic'em. :(

Is "drop the pistol, or I'll shoot the guy in the library!" a new law enforcement tactic?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about respecting law enforcement... until they shoot an innocent bystander. Is a guy with an empty or almost empty .22lr pistol worth flinging lead at innocent people?

Latest posts

Top Bottom