Images from Tulsa Courthouse Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, and I'm actually sitting in a truck in the middle of an oilfield. I'm not second guessing anyone, I'm saying some deputy was a bad shot, if you disagree you're not much of a cop.

How would you know? You ever dropped the hammer on a live human being? It ain't all that easy as you make it out to be. No one, cop or otherwise will hit a man every time.

Yes, and I'm actually sitting in a truck in the middle of an oilfield. I'm not second guessing anyone, I'm saying some deputy was a bad shot, if you disagree you're not much of a cop.

Well some of us real men are at home with our families, where most of us prefer to be after dark! :D

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How would you know? You ever dropped the hammer on a live human being? It ain't all that easy as you make it out to be. No one, cop or otherwise will hit a man every time.

I'm not saying it's easy, I'm saying if you can't do it right you're in the wrong line of work.

Well some of us real men are at home with our families, where most of us prefer to be after dark! :D

I'd love to be home with my family, however I've got to be here ensuring that this product works better than the Chinese alternative they're testing 1/4 mile away. If I sit here and babysit it for a few days I can make sure a bunch of people here in the US get to keep their jobs.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's easy, I'm saying if you can't do it right you're in the wrong line of work.

I'd love to be home with my family, however I've got to be here ensuring that this product works better than the Chinese alternative they're testing 1/4 mile away. If I sit here and babysit it for a few days I can make sure a bunch of people here in the US get to keep their jobs.

That's just it, they did a very good job overall. If you expect 100% perfection, you might as well terminate EVERY cop on the street. It simply can't be done as you assume it could.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am always amazed at the lengths people who have never been in the bight are willing to judge those who have been.

Sworn or Civilian-- I really hope some of your folks NEVER have to point a firearm at a living human being, nor have one pointed back at you.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's just it, they did a very good job overall. If you expect 100% perfection, you might as well terminate EVERY cop on the street. It simply can't be done as you assume it could.

Every cop on the street hasn't shot an innocent bystander. I'm not saying they did a good or a bad job, I don't have all of the details. All I'm saying is anyone in a job that requires them toting around a gun needs to be sure of everything they do. This isn't any different than the cops that get an address wrong and execute a no-knock warrant at a wrong house.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every cop on the street hasn't shot an innocent bystander. I'm not saying they did a good or a bad job, I don't have all of the details. All I'm saying is anyone in a job that requires them toting around a gun needs to be sure of everything they do. This isn't any different than the cops that get an address wrong and execute a no-knock warrant at a wrong house.

We preach it, we train it, we talk about it... but if you EVER have to shoot that CW firearm you carry and hit a non-threat remember what you said.

When you strap on a gun... you just entered the same standard your judging a "pro" by.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We preach it, we train it, we talk about it... but if you EVER have to shoot that CW firearm you carry and hit a non-threat remember what you said.

When you strap on a gun... you just entered the same standard your judging a "pro" by.

If I shoot a non-threat, I'll deserve anything that happens as a result.

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay did they know what condition that the guys gun was in? Did they know it was almost empty, empty or if he had extra bullets/mags? A .22 is a dangerous round too, it gets in and bounces around and does alot of damage that way. The officers there did what they had to. I'm sure the deputy/officer that shot an innocent person feels like total crap about it. This has nothing to do with big government or slaves to the .gov type crap, when there is gunplay people are going to get hurt and it's not always the bad guy. This is nothing like the shooting at the snake in Noble where there was a complete disregard, this was an a guy popping off rounds in a public place. And I'm sure the next thing would be "well what if it was you or your kid" Well you know what it might be hard after the fact but I would realize that it was an accident and as long as the officer was doing his job and trying to take care of the threat that is already placing me or my kid in danger then I would have to accept it. And do you know who is to blame? No it's not the big bad officer, it's THE GUY WHO CAUSED THE PROBLEM. It's the shooters fault, I would think the officer was doing his best to take care of those around him and the unthinkable happened. I honestly feel for him as much as I do for the innocent bystander.

And I have to add, TSA is not law enforcement whatsoever. There's only one guy I know of at TSA that I would consider a LEO, the rest...are...well TSA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom