In and Out Burger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Claude's and Brownies were always may favorites as a kid. Lots of memories of my dad taking me to all the good burger joint's around. Brownies went way down when the family that run it sold out. I always remember the Marine in his pressed shirt cooking the burgers and the happy brother and elderly ladies bringing me a frosty soda and some pie to finish it off. It will never be the same.

Claude's was the best burger I ever ate in Tulsa back in the day. I remember basically seeing the lady that works the counter as a girl when I was a boy. She is grown now and has a daughter that's got to be in H.S. last time I was in there. I have been trying to take my son and my dad to all the good places I remember as a kid and eating as I grew up. I took my son to Claude's and sadly it wasn't as grand as I always remembered even up to probably 10 years ago.

Next stop is probably Coleman's in Okmulgee. Its not in the same place but I had a burger there last year and it was still great.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since we are talking about burgers Fox 23's Ron Terrell and Danny boy O'Connor from house of pain do a show called burger brothers and they go by all the good burger places around Tulsa. The GF and I have been trying to visit all of them as well. I've tried webers and brownies and of course arnolds, and rons. I havent made it to claud's yet.

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/burger-brothers-explore-tulsa-one-burger-at-a-time/716560948

Cool videos, didn't know Tulsa had so many old lil burger joints. Like Burger Bros

Last edited:

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread inspired me to make a couple of stops. My wife and I were in Shawnee so we tried Hamburger King. I won't be back or recommend it to anyone. We even tried the pie that came in a store bought crust. Then, last Saturday I stopped at Goldies on Lewis, mainly cause i like their slaw and pickles, but the burger was a disappointment.
There are so many other, better burger options in Tulsa that Goldie's just doesn't come to mind when thinking I'd like a burger. Places that do come to mind: the 2 non-franchise places that are named Freddie's (E. 11th St./Mingo area & Utica/8th near TU), Hank's on Admiral, any Ron's location, Patriot Grill in Sapulpa, Billy's on the Square, Fat Guy's, Linda-Mar's 2 locations, Claud's, Weber's Root Beer, Bill's Jumbo on Admiral.
I consider myself pretty burger savvy about Tulsa burger joints but I have to admit I've never been to Linda-Mar's. I'll have to check it out. I like all the others listed except Claude's didn't impress me. And I happen to know the owners of Freddie's and Billy's on the Square. Both make a great burger. Freddie's on Lewis has great fresh cut fries.
Bills Jumbo and Freddie's are my favorites.

It has been about 15 years since I've been to fuddruckers. I wasnt impressed.
One trip to Fudds and didn't go back. The one in Owasso closed.

Since we are talking about burgers Fox 23's Ron Terrell and Danny boy O'Connor from house of pain do a show called burger brothers and they go by all the good burger places around Tulsa. The GF and I have been trying to visit all of them as well. I've tried webers and brownies and of course arnolds, and rons. I havent made it to claud's yet.

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/burger-brothers-explore-tulsa-one-burger-at-a-time/716560948
Cool

BTW, Flo's out by Catoosa is pretty good also.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom