Injunction Denied By Judge Re: Permitless Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with everyone saying there won't be any noticeable difference. I'm sure there will be an insignificant number of people who start carrying that didn't before... but not enough to be noticeable. I think for the most part, everyone who wants to carry is already carrying now. We know it won't make any difference in the number of criminals who carry, they didn't typically bother to get a license anyway.

In a month or two, the average person who is not particularly interested in guns won't be able to tell you what the law is on carry, any more than they could before 11/1

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think @Aries is correct. We're not really gonna see much difference if any. As soon as the media stops making it "newsworthy" and stops reminding everyone about it, which should be on about Nov 2nd, people will begin to forget about it. That is until the next time some tactifool decides to pull some kind of "audit" anyway.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with everyone saying there won't be any noticeable difference. I'm sure there will be an insignificant number of people who start carrying that didn't before... but not enough to be noticeable. I think for the most part, everyone who wants to carry is already carrying now. We know it won't make any difference in the number of criminals who carry, they didn't typically bother to get a license anyway.

In a month or two, the average person who is not particularly interested in guns won't be able to tell you what the law is on carry, any more than they could before 11/1

This is the SALIENT point.

Woody

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually mine says "Concealed Weapon License."

But then again, it's expired 'cause I don't need the sumbicth in about 12 hours and 19 minutes.
.There is no longer a concealed weapon permit. Its an SDA carry permit now. but Potato Patato
upload_2019-10-31_11-49-21.png

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. My was issued in Sept 2009. I googled around (and found on OSA, Ha!) and found a revision from 2012 that states "handgun license". Is this the most current one, or was it revised again?

Like you said @CHenry poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe. Doesn't much matter but I find it funny that the state can't even figured out what it was called.

Just glad I don't have to pay 2A tax for it anymore.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. My was issued in Sept 2009. I googled around (and found on OSA, Ha!) and found a revision from 2012 that states "handgun license". Is this the most current one, or was it revised again?

Like you said @CHenry poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe. Doesn't much matter but I find it funny that the state can't even figured out what it was called.

Just glad I don't have to pay 2A tax for it anymore.
IDK but the technical name of the law is SDA - Self Defense Act. - ether gun permit or weapons permit...whichever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom