is it just me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful revolvers are what you show your friends. Plastic wondernines are what you show your enemies. ;)

I carry a Glock 22 on duty each and every day. Mine is about 17/18 years old and looks like hell. It's had close to a thousand rounds thru it by me alone and probably more than that by the guy it was issued to before me. It works and works every time. Which covers Rule #9.

If you aren't familiar with "The Rules" please click on my signature and familarize yourself with them. :respect:

However...

If I had the funds and a boss who would let me, I would tote a Smith & Wesson N frame pre model 27 "Registered Magnum" with a 3.5" snout in a classic Tom Threepersons holster. How many of you know what one of those are. :D

I miss the good ol' days of law enforcement, when law and order was contained with the .38 caliber revolver and the leather, leaded sap. :cry3:

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In defense of poly guns, they have have provided a really important and unrecognized beneficial gift to for the shooting community the past 15 years.. Thats to provide a gun comfortable and light enough from fullsize to pocket guns, we can easily carry without wearing a Gear belt to hold it up.Where before people would just have left their guns at home because it was to heavy or at best limited to a Airweight 5 shot.

My elegant guns are Beretta 92, S&W 3rd gen 5906,reuger and smith revolvers.Most would not call them elegant but I think they are when compared to polyguns.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not trying to be argumentative but I think this is an absolute falacy. The guns of today are equal or better in quality than those of 20 years ago, but if you want one that looks nice you have to pay for it. 20 years ago there was no such thing as glock, which revolutionized handguns and brought on all of todays polymer frame pistols. Their price point and dependability contributes to their popularity, which is why you see so many of them. Although I agree that they may not be that pretty (any polymer frame gun) the fact of the matter is that they are WAY less expensive than a 1911 of any real quality, and are generally more popular than wheel guns because of capacity.

If the way a gun looks is important to you, you can very easily get a BEUTIFUL carry peice, but these days the labor it takes to make a gun pretty is worth as much or more than the price of a base model gun. Basically what Im saying is you can get one as pretty as you like, but be prepared to open your wallet

You might want to check your history of the Glock, it came into this world in 1984 as the G17, and in 1988 we got the G17L and G19. Prior to this HK brought out the first plastic gun the VP70 in 1970!

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe i'm old fashion or just old,but it seems to me none of the recent crop of handguns on the market(last 20 years or so) have any class or elegance to them. like a pinned and recessed s&w or a colt python or even a brownig hipower.

i know most folks don't want to carry a round gun in a spring loaded society. but I miss when your carry piece was a thing of beauty and not just a tool.

You're not old - you're nostalgic. :-)

Personally, I'm glad that the truly beautiful guns are few and far between. It makes it all the more special when I get to see or handle those rare works of art.

Latest posts

Top Bottom