Lets talk Cowboy Boots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent worn a pair of cowboy boots since I was about 8yrs old so my style may very well be off in this regard, but I thought these two boots were pretty nice for casual wear.

Ariat Sport Square Toe

i1294.photobucket.com_albums_b616_ougirl91_photo1_zps8740b6fa.jpg

Ariat Legend Phoenix

i1294.photobucket.com_albums_b616_ougirl91_photo2_zpsd34fd132.jpg

i1294.photobucket.com_albums_b616_ougirl91_photo3_zps6513287b.jpg

Last edited:

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the past 50 yrs. I've worn many, many brands of boots. Normally you get what you pay for. Seems like nearly everything available locally now is synthetic sole and that is fine for everyday boots, but for dress a leather sole is just what seems right. My newest pair of leather soled boots are Tony Lama and I am satisfied. $250 range. I have worn lots of Ariat, mainly because that is what is available locally. Good enough boots, except it seems the synthetic insole wears out quick.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't worn cowboy boots since I was a kid. I'd like to get a pair, but I'd never hear the end of it from my wife, lol.

I hadn't either.

My wife wasn't sure about it... now she finds them "dead sexy". She says I need a Stetson to go with them now. But no buckles. She thinks buckles are dumb.

City folk.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a wide, flat foot. Boots are very comfortable for me. I only wear exotic leathers due to their natural toughness. I'm rough on footwear. I have Lucchese, Dan Post, Tony Lama, Justin AQHA and Larry Mahan. The Dan Posts do not have heels that wear well and their insoles are stepped creating an odd feeling. Of all of them the Lucchese have been the most comfortable and durable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom