Loaning a weapon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can, do, and have. Have a couple of guns currently loaned to people. I think nothing of it. They are tools. Tools are to be used. If loaning one of my tools to a friend could potentially save their life, until the could afford to buy another, then I am all for it.

<edit> Even for them to play around with and plink. I don't shoot all that much anyways. :/ Hell, I provide all the guns and ammo when I go shooting with friends already, lol.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.

They are pretty solid people, and I've determined the benefits outweigh the risks. If you can't accept a little risk to help a friend, you're not really friends, are you?

WhiskeyPapa

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. No different than if you sold or gave it away. You are not responsible for someone elses actions....unless of course, you tell them what to do and it is ruled homicide. Charles Manson is a good example of that.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My neighbors are nice enough and if it were just them I might make a short term loan, but I don't really know the roommates. I have loaned friends a firearm for extended periods. Never lend something unless you don't mind the possibility of never getting it back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom