Los Cabos worse than I remembered.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting update. We stopped by a little mexican store with a taco truck/stand out front on 71st in Broken Arrow. Just to see if it was any good we ordered the carne asada tacos. They were good. In Oklahoma, carne asada usually means hamburger.

BTW, we've also tried Speedy Gonzalez and Ted's. Neither were very good. And Compadres is maybe the worst. I'll definitely be trying the other recommendations though. Thanx for the responses.
Compadres is more Tex-Mex and the one in Owasso is very good but the one in BA sucks. Jalapenos in Collinsville is pretty good and the folks who own it are nice. El Rancho Grande in Tulsa was good the first two times we ate there then went downhill. The carne asada at El Azteca in Claremore is good as they use ribeye steak.
It's hard to recommend any restaurant as they all seem to change depending on who cooking...one time good, next time bad.
I spent 6 months in San Antonio ten years ago and that was the best Mexican food I ever ate.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I spent 6 months in San Antonio ten years ago and that was the best Mexican food I ever ate.

I used to live in kalifornia. They've got some great mexican restaurants there. But the best mexican food ever, was in (drumroll please) mexico. The Friday night buffet at Pueblo Bonito Rose in Cabo was out of this world.

Just saying.

Signut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love mexican food...but since the reelection of king obama...i do not care to financially support those who helped keep king obama in power. NO MORE mexican food from real mexicans. I still occasionally eat at places that are run by non mexicans. That much i can tolerate.

mike
sn

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I love mexican food...but since the reelection of king obama...i do not care to financially support those who helped keep king obama in power. NO MORE mexican food from real mexicans. I still occasionally eat at places that are run by non mexicans. That much i can tolerate.

mike
sn

Interesting criteria. Here's how the votes break down: Asians voted 73% for Obama. Hispanics 71%. Jews 69%. Blacks 93%. So that eliminates kosher food, soul food, oriental food (bye-bye Panda Express) as well as mexican food. Even the unprepared food you buy is largely harvested by migrant workers. 1/4 of our produce comes from the San Joaquin valley and virtually 100% of those workers are migrant, many of whom are illegal.

Just saying.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mr. Taco on N. Lewis. No indoor seating at all, but a couple plastic picnic tables are there. They used to take cash only, but I've heard they take plastic now. A "King Burrito" is $8, lasts two meals, and they let you choose whatever meat you want inside.

Also, Tacos Don Francisco on 11th. Not fancy by any stretch, but good food. Plus, you can go inside!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked downtown for many years until just a few months ago. We really liked La Boca Loca until they sold it to some different owners. One of my old coworkers said it shut down for a bit but then reopened with the original owner.

I don't know who the owners are exactly, but one of the girls defected to Dex's and took recipes with her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom