lost my lease...and a friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes but the problem with most clubs now is you're competing with other members for spots. Gotta reserve a spot online, can't hunt a spot you want cause another couple guys have all reserved up before you got a chance to. Can't risk setting up stands, feeders, cams etc for the simple fact other people get to go on that land and you might not even get to hunt it if and when u want.
Plus a lot if these clubs now make you check in your kill and where you got it. So if you find a good little spot, it won't be for long....
Nothing but glorified public hunting you have to pay for.

Leasing a private spot on your own, it's yours to come and go as you please and you don't have to deal with anyone else that you don't want to.

I'm in a hunt club and I agree. Nothing pisses me off more that to find that someone has been hunting out of one of my stands. Last year, during rifle season, some jackass took a "guest" on a lease where my buddy has a couple bow stands and put said guest in my buddy's stand. Guy shot a basket rack buck 30 yds away under corn feeder. All captured on trailcam.

It's bad enough when people that want to benefit from other peoples hard work, not to mention bring someone out who isn't a paying member to do the same. Effin Classy. The only reason I stay in a club is so I can call coyotes in an area where I'm not trying to spook deer.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gave up leasing years ago when land was still $150/acre in Harmon County... Had to live life close to there since.

To be quite honest though, I'm having to hunt some extended family land this year. Local rancher needed pasture to graze cattle, made me a $12/acre offer on 1620 acres... Couldn't resist it. I can still shoot down there (as per the lease agreement, I wouldn't give up the 1600 yd range) but I gave up hunting on it as it's not a good producer of deer.

You can lease grazing rights without the hunting rights.

All Indian trust land is leased that way. A farming lease on Indian land doesn't come with hunting rights.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some great family land to hunt on. My mother has gave various people permission without telling me and I would some times go out and have some one in the spot I was going to. My brother that doesn't hunt has wanted to lease it out.

We have had lots of problems with people that have permission bringing friends. I had to tell one guy that I really like that I was telling friends of mine that I have known for years NO, and he w s bringing to many people that I have never met with him. I know that it is better to have some one with you when you hunt. It helps when you drag a deer and if you were to have an accident it would be great to have a buddy. He has kept it to one person lately.

My Dad hated to tell anyone no. You can't let everyone that asks hunt. It would become dangerous and drive the game out too.

Times have changed.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time a landowner leased the grass on one of my spots, the leasehold locked the gates on me and ripped off my feeder.

Bummer. I once took down a deer stand that didn't belong to any one with permission. Yeh, I kept it.

I was hoping some one would ask about it.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can lease grazing rights without the hunting rights.

All Indian trust land is leased that way. A farming lease on Indian land doesn't come with hunting rights.

Yeah, I decided not to hunt my own land to secure his leasing money lol. Still left in that I/he can shoot down there though while the cattle are in the other sections.

wilder4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
well if anyone has some land they want to lease, Id be more than happy to pay. don't have a lot of money but I can do manual labor around the land to cover some of it. Love to hunt and fish and just be outdoors. Especially if you have a coyote problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom