Many do not have a cell phone NO TEXTING!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can’t convey or express your thoughts in 4 or 5 sentences or you have to take 10 or 15 minutes to express it use the 2 minutes it takes to call… JMO

I hate to negotiate on the phone, give me a real person to talk to🥹

As far as a land line loved mine but it was $55 a month though AT&T
Check out Ooma. It is VOIP for $7.79 per month. Unlimited nationwide long distance, call waiting, caller ID, voicemail. I've had it for a couple of years and have had ZERO problems.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was totally against texting for a long time, but now it’s my preferred method of communication. I’ve got to where I hate talking on the phone, and we haven’t had a land line in years.
I take the opposite approach as Okie4570, and if you call and don’t leave a voicemail, I just assume it was a “butt dial” and not important.

I get why some folks don’t have cell phones and kind of wish I could go back to that kind of simplicity in my life.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a flip phone, when I remember to turn it on. Rest of the time is land line. Why should I use text when it is easier to just say it.
This is me also.

I very, very rarely grab and knock the dust off my old flip phone that has resided on the dinning room table for several years......I use a big ol' desktop computer, landline and no answering machine or voicemail.

Emailing me wanting pics once in awhile of us and me telling her that I didn't have (should have also said or want) a smart phone, stopping by on their way back home to Ga. in late May my daughter-in-law by gave me a new I-Phone 12 and told me to not ever worry about the monthly Verizon bill that they had it covered.

I appreciate the gesture of being given the I-Phone but I probably haven't monkeyed around with it for more than twenty minutes total since we've had it.....mama does like to watch Youtube videos on it once in awhile.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is me also.

I very, very rarely grab and knock the dust off my old flip phone that has resided on the dinning room table for several years......I use a big ol' desktop computer, landline and no answering machine or voicemail.

Emailing me wanting pics once in awhile of us and me telling her that I didn't have (should have also said or want) a smart phone, stopping by on their way back home to Ga. in late May my daughter-in-law by gave me a new I-Phone 12 and told me to not ever worry about the monthly Verizon bill that they had it covered.

I appreciate the gesture of being given the I-Phone but I probably haven't monkeyed around with it for more than twenty minutes total since we've had it.....mama does like to watch Youtube videos on it once in awhile.
This strikes me funny, because my in-laws are from your generation and both live on their phones. My Mother does too. Different strokes for different folks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom