Mayo, Miracle Whip, Or Dukes??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you prefer on your sammich?

I grew up on Miracle Whip and to me Mayo tastes very plain. I find Dukes flavor to be somewhere between the two.
This is a very unique way of asking people if they are terrorists.

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't ever a fan of any of them till I came across McCormick Mayonesa.
I've put that stuff on every piece of white bread I've eaten in the last 6 months.
I don't know if it's just mayonnaise with lime juice, or if it's an entirely different recipe, and I don't really care. I just care that it's excellent.
It's in the Mexican section at Walmart.
View attachment 423544
The difference between Miracle Whip and Mayonaise is lemon juice. Mayonesa uses lime, instead lemon. The rest is spices and quantity of. Mainly onion powder, garlic powder and salt.

I have been Miracle Whip for 67 years and see no change forthcoming. Wif makes ours, nothing to it.
I HATE when I order a hamburger with Mayo (mustard is for hot dogs) and it comes out with Mayonaise. If I want lemon, I will order lemonade.

Haven't bought Mayonesa, but I do get several items from the Mexican section. Purer, more natural, less added chemicals and unpronouncible additives.
It is amazing the crap the goobermint allows added to our food that is banned in the rest of the world.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't bought Mayonesa, but I do get several items from the Mexican section. Purer, more natural, less added chemicals and unpronouncible additives.
It is amazing the crap the goobermint allows added to our food that is banned in the rest of the world.
that’s the truth. I tend to buy most of my groceries from the Asian and Mexican supermarkets. They tend to have better produce and a much better selection too. The few things I can’t find there I’ll get at Costco, the commissary, or the butcher shop. Usually just my bulk chicken breast, traditional steak cuts, and coffee.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... Usually just my bulk chicken breast, traditional steak cuts, and coffee.
Funny you mention that. For some reason coffee in ethnic markets is always freeze dried Nescafe garbage lol. Ground and brewed coffee seems to be constrained to North America and western Europe.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny you mention that. For some reason coffee in ethnic markets is always freeze dried Nescafe garbage lol. Ground and brewed coffee seems to be constrained to North America and western Europe.
It’s odd to me, I just tend to think that regular ol coffee is a universal thing. But I can find more varieties of cheese, corn, and taro flavored ice cream than I can actual coffee beans at the Super Cao Nguyen. That place is definitely an instant coffee lovers paradise though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom