Mayo, Miracle Whip, Or Dukes??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The difference between Miracle Whip and Mayonaise is lemon juice. Mayonesa uses lime, instead lemon. The rest is spices and quantity of. Mainly onion powder, garlic powder and salt.

I have been Miracle Whip for 67 years and see no change forthcoming. Wif makes ours, nothing to it.
I HATE when I order a hamburger with Mayo (mustard is for hot dogs) and it comes out with Mayonaise. If I want lemon, I will order lemonade.

Haven't bought Mayonesa, but I do get several items from the Mexican section. Purer, more natural, less added chemicals and unpronouncible additives.
It is amazing the crap the goobermint allows added to our food that is banned in the rest of the world.
False

Miracle Whip is made from water, soybean oil, high-fructose corn syrup, vinegar, modified corn starch, eggs, salt, natural flavor, mustard flour, potassium sorbate, spice, and dried garlic

Hellmans (will always be Best Foods to me) is made from Soybean oil, water, whole eggs, distilled vinegar, egg yolks, salt, sugar, lemon juice concentrate, calcium disodium edta (used to protect quality), natural flavors

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
False

Miracle Whip is made from water, soybean oil, high-fructose corn syrup, vinegar, modified corn starch, eggs, salt, natural flavor, mustard flour, potassium sorbate, spice, and dried garlic

Hellmans (will always be Best Foods to me) is made from Soybean oil, water, whole eggs, distilled vinegar, egg yolks, salt, sugar, lemon juice concentrate, calcium disodium edta (used to protect quality), natural flavors
Exactly, mayonaise has lemon, mayonesa has lime, miracle whip has neither.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing I like mayo on is a bacon cheeseburger and just a little. Otherwise it grosses me out. I like miracle whip with tuna but I’d rather have mustard.
I mostly hate ketchup too unless you turn it into bbq sauce. Exceptions being onion rings and meatloaf.
I never think of myself as a picky person but I guess when it comes to condiments I am.

Murder

Marksman
Reaction score
When I was a kid my mother would make us grilled cheese sandwiches. I did not like them at all. Eventually I got older and would absolutely not eat a grilled cheese sandwich. It was not until sometime in my 30s when I discovered that you could make a grilled cheese sandwich without putting Miracle Whip on the inside (the way my dad liked). I now make and eat grilled cheese sandwiches often (with NO Miracle Whip).

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer Miracle Whip, but I'll eat mayo. Mustard is for hot dogs and ketchup is for fries, tots and rings. I've never tried Duke's. Sounds like I should.

Mrs. GED grew up on this atrocity.

00021000772681-GN37aSyB5fd8JQ-0_s500.jpg

I dunno what in the hell it is. Kinda like that nasty special sauce McDonald's puts on their Big Macs. :puke:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer Miracle Whip, but I'll eat mayo. Mustard is for hot dogs and ketchup is for fries, tots and rings. I've never tried Duke's. Sounds like I should.

Mrs. GED grew up on this atrocity.

View attachment 424002

I dunno what in the hell it is. Kinda like that nasty special sauce McDonald's puts on their Big Macs. :puke:
My Uncle used that (I thought it was a crap variation of 1000 Island dressing).
Uncle only used it on a bologna and tomato sammich and he spread it THICK on both slices of bread

Latest posts

Top Bottom