Meddling old people.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this may seem petty but three times this week I have seen old people stopping and picking up signs along the sides of the roads. Theses are the small ones that look like political signs but advertising tree services, or fence repair, etc.

Now whether or not you like those signs, this is starting to bug me:

1. These people did pay for the signs, someone else did - so they are basically stealing.
2. The people who placed the signs are at least trying to work which helps our economy and these people, while enjoying the benefits of our economy such as getting their social security and medicare, want to curtail the business that funds their life.
3. Even if the signs are placed illegally, these people are not LEO's - Taking the law into their own hands here is vigilantism at best.

These people need to mind their own business and not worry about things that don't effect their life one bit.

I didnt read the whole thread so someone might have said it... If they dont have a permit its illegal and besides it clutters up the gutters...rrr streets

.HmmPh, Im gonna go find some more signs to use as target holders... ;)

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes.

The city has inspectors that pull "litter on a stick" on a daily basis and also has licensed citizen sign inspectors operating on the authority of the City. This is litter not adverting and as such can be punishable up to $100 or 10 days in jail if written a municipal citation.

Drug sealers are working too, that doesn't make it right. If the litters don't follow the city laws what makes you think they pay taxes?

See above.

I don't want to look at trash though out the city that the citizens pay to keep nice and clean.

YEA.....and....they make good target holders... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom