M'Fing Thieves - Pray I Never Find You!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerstalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain, same thing with 2 of my debit cards. No more, credit card that way your cover for your looses. I also have Visa Alert, it contact me for the amount that I set. If $1.01 is used I get an alert on my phone and email.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My CC company blocked me at the gas station the other day, for fraud alert. I had just filled up my tank and was taking my wife's car in to fill it up. Apparently two charges at 7-11, within 10 minutes, is enough to trigger it. I had to go home and get her card and come back, to get the gas. I've had my card compromised before, but not in a while. Last time was charges at a office depot in Florida.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I quess im lucky if i go in the bank during regular hours they will cancel my card and make me a new one right there in just a few minutes while i wait. Or i can cancel after hours and go in the next business day and get one no waiting for them to mail me one.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why to need to store your cryptocurrency in a cryptocurrency wallet; Hardware Wallet - State-of-the-art security for crypto assets | Ledger
If you rely on an exchange for storage it can be hacked or seized by the Government.
Biden and the world economic forum will fix that loophole.

Here's the significant paragraph from the article:
Additionally, the order will explore the possibility of a new central bank digital currency. The Federal Reserve issued a paper on the topic in January that explores the risks and benefits of US-backed digital currency.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/08/biden-to-issue-executive-order-on-cryptocurrency/

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain about getting ripped off. I came home for Christmas about 10 years ago, parked my semi. Came back day after Christmas, somebody drilled the lock and stole everything. Tools, radio, fridge, clothes. They left nothing. They even took my boxers and socks! Who does that? And I know it was another truck driver, knew how to get into the side boxes to get my tools and they drilled holes in the tanks of the truck next to mine to get fuel. If I find them, I’ll treat them them like the Boltons on GOT. Skin em and crucify em upside down. We are way to soft on theives. Cutting off the hand is just getting started.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I had 3-4 debit cards get hacked in 18 months. So I went to using a credit card 100% of the time.

Thankfully USAA is very good about getting the money back into our account.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. Our CC has been compromised several times with the perps ordering from Amazon or Walmart. They don't have the three numbers on the back so the order is refused but the delivery address is still there in the original order.
Had one hack going to Portland Or from Walmart. I called their LEO fraud division to see if they wanted to catch someone. The Detective laughed and told me they didn't have enough people to do anything about it even though I sent pics of the address and the location on google earth. Evidently it's so rampant nobody cares.

That in bold above. It is also likely that what with the attitudes of the liberals in power up there, they don't have enough police officers and detectives to handle all the crime.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A perfect example of why not to use a debit card. At least you caught it early. If you use a credit card and pay it off every month, your money wouldn’t be locked up until the bank figures out why they want to do.
My brother and son were both White Collar Crime detectives at OCPD for many years and they warn against debit cards. It is a direct line into your bank account. Unless you maintain a only small balance for pocket cash, most debit card crimes do not turn out as favorably as the OP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom