M'Fing Thieves - Pray I Never Find You!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My CC company blocked me at the gas station the other day, for fraud alert. I had just filled up my tank and was taking my wife's car in to fill it up. Apparently two charges at 7-11, within 10 minutes, is enough to trigger it. I had to go home and get her card and come back, to get the gas. I've had my card compromised before, but not in a while. Last time was charges at a office depot in Florida.
They just blocked you without sending a fraud alert asking you to confirm the purchase? Dang.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By sheer coincidence about an hour ago I happened to log into my bank app and noticed 2 charges today that I most certainly did NOT make. One was only for 6 bucks on a GoFundMe page, and the second was for a substantial amount on Remitly. My debit card expires at the end of this month and it looks like my replacement card was delivered somewhere else and so they went shopping today. I got my card cancelled to protect against further charges, which subsequently cancels the current card and I am holding. I have zero physical cash on hand, and the banks are closed for the day.

It looks like they tested the waters with a $6 charge on GoFundMe, and when that went through, they charged a large sum on Remitly. I looked into it, and Remitly is a money sending service. I called them and jumped through 30 minutes worth of hoops. The charge has already posted in my bank, but thankfully they have not physically picked up the money yet. I was able to suspend the transaction, so at least they won't get their hands on my money. Remitly is telling me it will take up to 10 business days to get my money back.

Dear lord in heaven please forgive me for what I would do if I ever find the person who did this. I can tolerate a lot of things, but thieves are not on the list.
contact your bank and they will have you file a police report - nothing will be done but pretty sure they will refund your money to your acct

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By sheer coincidence about an hour ago I happened to log into my bank app and noticed 2 charges today that I most certainly did NOT make. One was only for 6 bucks on a GoFundMe page, and the second was for a substantial amount on Remitly. My debit card expires at the end of this month and it looks like my replacement card was delivered somewhere else and so they went shopping today. I got my card cancelled to protect against further charges, which subsequently cancels the current card and I am holding. I have zero physical cash on hand, and the banks are closed for the day.

It looks like they tested the waters with a $6 charge on GoFundMe, and when that went through, they charged a large sum on Remitly. I looked into it, and Remitly is a money sending service. I called them and jumped through 30 minutes worth of hoops. The charge has already posted in my bank, but thankfully they have not physically picked up the money yet. I was able to suspend the transaction, so at least they won't get their hands on my money. Remitly is telling me it will take up to 10 business days to get my money back.

Dear lord in heaven please forgive me for what I would do if I ever find the person who did this. I can tolerate a lot of things, but thieves are not on the list.
I'm sorry and you're not the only one this has happened to. Mine was a debit card/bank card but not delivered to the incorrect address but was cloned at a resturant and the next was my home server was compromised (the company had poor security). I learned that day to not put and save your billing information on any site or on your computer or take a picture of your card front and back with your phone and maybe save it to your computer. Your bank it a POS for delaying return of your funds for their mistake. I think I would charge them a 20% charge for the delay and their inept actions or 3% daily charge. Much like they do to their customers.
I'd also include the article you are going to send to the local paper for what happened to you and the 10 day delay for the presdent of the bank and the board of directors.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Your deal and a lot like it are why we never use debit cars.
Discover calls me when the even suspect a fraudulent charge.
they did call me once and ask about a charge I was positive I didn’t make. I told them it wasn’t mi e, my wife was in 5 Below using the card when they cancelled it. She hurt my feelings afterwards. But it was still funny.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use my debit card ONLY if it’s in my hand. If I have to hand a card to someone like a clerk/cashier it will be a credit card. The credit cards protect you very nicely with regards to fraud. As a backup ALL credit cards are set up to text me anytime there is a charge over $5. I’ve caught 2 or 3 fraudulent charges thru the years this way.
Also I pay all my recurring bills on my Basspro or Cabelas card. I have purchased several firearms thru the years using the ‘rewards dollars’. My cards are also set up to pay the statement in full automatically every month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom