Must-dos in DC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the DC area for work for the next 2 weekends. What are some must do while I'm here? I wanna see the memorials and hit a ball game but other than that i don't know what else to do. No car so I have to use public transportation.

I doubt I get another opportunity to be here for several years so wanna take in all I can.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holocaust Museum is a must do. I'd say take some Kleenex, but they provide it for you. As sub said, Smithsonian, but there are three of those and you need at least two days each to really take them all in. Annapolis isn't far, and the Metro runs out that way, so that might be an option.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prowl around Union Station and eat something on the food court. It's like being at the United Nations - people and food from all over the world. If the weather is nice the trumpet player should be doing his thing outside, awfully nice place to sit and enjoy late in the evening.

On the weekends there should be some musical groups performing around the monuments over on the mall.

Cedar Creek

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd skip everything else to buy a but ticket down to Quantico. Marine Corps Museum....saw a ton of stuff up there a few years ago, the USMC museum was easily the best.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This! We went opening day in 1995.
Holocaust Museum is a must do. I'd say take some Kleenex, but they provide it for you. As sub said, Smithsonian, but there are three of those and you need at least two days each to really take them all in. Annapolis isn't far, and the Metro runs out that way, so that might be an option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom