Need advice - is it worth shortening this barrel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not sure how fond of the monopod you are, but that sucker is pretty heavy and I've found I don't like shooting with one. I like a small sand bag or even a towel more than the ones I've shot with. Heck, I prefer my left hand under the stock if nothing else.

tschwarz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
not sure how fond of the monopod you are, but that sucker is pretty heavy and I've found I don't like shooting with one. I like a small sand bag or even a towel more than the ones I've shot with. Heck, I prefer my left hand under the stock if nothing else.

+1 I use the bag / towel combo. The monopod was good for nothing but a headache when I shot with it down.

tschwarz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
One final update-
I was finally able to take the gun out and shoot yesterday. I'm happy to report that the gun had zero issues cycling rounds. The 6" reduction has made a huge difference in terms of handling and maneuverability. Most importantly, it is still stacking bullets on top of each other out past 200 yards. Many thanks to Dustin for lending me his skill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom