Need Yeast but don't have any??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, this is my last update to this thread because I have not been able to get an edible loaf of bread or pan of rolls from this technique. I'm tired of wasting flour ... I've done this with several different recipes (both knead and no knead), on different days that would traditionally produce a good, light yeast loaf or roll (and on not so stellar days weatherwise) and I get basically the same result every time ...

The chickens don't mind it but ... it's really not all that tasty, or palatable ...

If I was in a bind, I'd find a quick bread or roll recipe (those are abundant and the results are spectacular in their own way) or ... I'd run to the store and get some yeast :naughty: :D (Yes ... for those of you who are humor-challenged ... I realize this is the Prepper Forum ... It was a J.O.K.E. :buttkick: )

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How to bake with your sourdough:

I am gonna try this again but this time I'm gonna sterilize my jar first because I kept winding up with a black mold that would overtake any yeast I had growing and kill it. The rain we've gotten has surely spurred some wild yeast growth ... Wish me luck! I'll keep you posted!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom