New car ONE DAY old and dented!!! Does any one recognize the truck??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 2007 I bought a new truck with 11 miles on it. I'm am the post office, and some slob-ass yuppie woman pulls up next to me and bangs her door into my truck completely carelessly multiple times while rolling her porcine frame out of her car. She didn't know I was in there addressing an envelope.

I roll down my window and am all "Oh, pardon me. Am I in your way, ma'am? Would you like me to me to move so my presence in this parking space won't inconvenience you?" in the most sarcastic tone I could muster. She turns around, looks at me, lets the situation sink in, and then gives me one of those incredulous face scrunches and audible exhales just like the bitchy rich woman in every kids movie ever. She was offended. Never even apologized for what she did, but he her defense she might not have heard or felt the door hit my truck over her own undulations and grunts.

It was then I mostly stopped caring about door dings and scratches on daily drivers. It was a 4WD truck so I didn't really care anyways, as I was wheeling it that weekend.

R H Given how stupied people are i thought i handled it ok. he sure did not leave me a note with his phone # .

He dings your door, so you crease his entire door and think you handled it OK. Alright then.

As for the OP, if you successfully tracked me down somehow and gave me some third-hand story you can't begin to prove about how I dented your car and you want me to pay for it, I'm going to laugh in your face. Then I'm going to politely ask you never contact me again. Go get your dent fixed and relax.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 2007 I bought a new truck with 11 miles on it. I'm am the post office...
<snip>
...It was then I mostly stopped caring about door dings and scratches on daily drivers.

So someone smashed up your brand new truck right in front of you and you did nothing about it and decided it's not worth pursuing then or ever in the future?

Wow... not me, buddy. Soooooo not me.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So someone smashed up your brand new truck right in front of you and you did nothing about it and decided it's not worth pursuing then or ever in the future?

Wow... not me, buddy. Soooooo not me.

Sorry, catch my edit about it being a 4WD truck and me not really caring.

Also, I got out to look at it while she was in the post office and it really left a superficial scuff at best. I did worse to it that next weekend in the woods. I use my truck like a truck.

If she had put actual dents in it or removed paint, I wouldn't have let it roll off me so easy. I was just annoyed about what a piece of crap she was. A short time after that a cart got me at Atwoods. It's a losing battle trying to keep a daily driver pristine.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a 1992 Camaro when I was 16. I took my road test in it at Cushing. When we got back to the DMV type place the cop guy throws the passenger door open and slams the crap out of the car next to me. I was pissed and guilty at the same time. That POS didn't even GAF that he had just fudd up two peoples doors.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a 1992 Camaro when I was 16. I took my road test in it at Cushing. When we got back to the DMV type place the cop guy throws the passenger door open and slams the crap out of the car next to me. I was pissed and guilty at the same time. That POS didn't even GAF that he had just fudd up two peoples doors.

This is why I try not to get angry over this stuff. Most people seem to not GAF. I see people slamming doors into cars all the time. Parents loading kids seem to do it a lot. And people at stores just let their carts go jangling all up on the cars of other people.

I'm probably going to pick up a sedan as daily driver some time in the near-ish future, and it'll be the first time in a while I've daily driven something other than a 4WD truck. I'd like to keep it fairly nice, but I guess if it gets dinged badly enough I'll just fix them and cry silently. Or maybe I'll hunt down anyone who may have been parked near me and accuse them.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't you think you should assume the car that is next to you when you come back did it and retaliate by pouring sugar in his gas and cutting all his tires? It's only fair.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
So is this your wife's car in the picture? If so, how did you buy it late Saturday night and the only time it has been out of the garage was this time to Walmart in Mustang. Yet, she has an Arkansas Commitment to Education license plate? and if she is that close to the lawn and garden, she isn't that far out.

I know used cars can sometimes come with the previous owners tag if they don't remove it.. But, I went back and looked at the pic because I didn't catch the tag part the first time. I did notice the truck was parked well withing his space and if he caused the ding, she must have been "line hugging" the space she was in.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've noticed that most people don't give a crap about dinging the next guy. I, on the other hand, notice every ding that gets knocked into my vehicles. I could walk around any car that I've owned and tell you when I got 90% of the dents in it. It is a sick compulsion.

Side note: Surely, everyone has had a crazy powerful wind yank the door out of your hand.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The dent was either already there or your wife did it and is scared to tell you, she doesnt want payback to be a ***** after all!

For no good reason I am going to take a picture of a truck that is well within his own space and not close to my car that I bought at night and was bubble wrapped from the dealership to the wal mart parking lot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom