New gun laws by Executive Order

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blade

Marksman
Reaction score
Can somebody explain to me what exactly the presidents executive order accomplished? I have heard so many stories I'm not sure what's true. Had a guy tell me today that it is now illegal to make a private firearm sale. I told him that isn't true, but he seemed convinced..

Norman681

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't believe that is true. If I want to sell one privately I will. I am not a dealer or make any pretense to be. The targets of the order are so called "collectors" who buy and sell regularly but don't go through the hoops of becoming a licensed dealer.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can somebody explain to me what exactly the presidents executive order accomplished? I have heard so many stories I'm not sure what's true. Had a guy tell me today that it is now illegal to make a private firearm sale. I told him that isn't true, but he seemed convinced..

He hasn't executed an Executive Order, he's signed some executive action memos. His announcements amount to the following:

More campaign donations to Dem candidates.

More wildly inaccurate statements by the media.

More gun sales.

More stock price increases for gun companies.

More reservation on the part of gun owners as to exactly what is and isn't a legal sale without an FFL.

Requires gun Trusts and Corps. to file prints and photos for all responsible parties to a newly submitted NFA Form 1 or Form 4 transfer, 180 days from now.

Nothing else has changed, yet...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way I understand it, its Executive action, not order. Congress still has to approve the measures. Am I wrong??

Congress doesn't have to do anything. The Executive has ordered executive agencies under his control to take certain actions that they have authority to take based on existing legislative guidance.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...and basically, his actions really accomplished very little, other than showing some people that Obama has taken "action" on gun control. Just reiterated that if you are in the business of selling guns, you need to be an FFL. I am not in the "business" so I can still buy sell and trade privately as long as I don't get stupid with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
An important point that needs to be remembered, the onus is on the seller, not the buyer. As a buyer, it's not your responsibility to insure the seller is an FFL or is doing back ground checks. Buying a firearm will be the same as it has been. As a buyer you can chose to not do business with anyone that requires a 4473.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far it seems to be a scare tactic to bully gun owners and sadly it seems to be working. Next gun show it will be interesting to see if anything has changed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom