New question at an Integris doctor's appointment ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So one thing to consider, either way you feel about this, is that cyber crimes are a HUGE problem right now. Doctor's offices being a top target, this is just another exposure.
Which is why I try to limit sensitive information from the internet. I get that hacking/ransomware of records can occur in an office, but I'm not going to initiate a full blown medical signature on the internet like Stillwater Medical wants me to after a Dr visit.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"In the interest of helping our doctors with their notes and dictation thereof, would you allow us to record your appointment with the doctor from now on?"

A short, sweet "****, NO!" is all the PA heard from me -- and then dead silence fell over the exam room. "Point taken" was all he said after a second.

Those sorry bastards in corporate are just like a bunch of politicians. NOTHING they do is geared towards improving patient health -- only CYA for the business model ...
Good for you ! Go Gurl !

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, how long will these video recordings be kept and stored?

If they are kept only long enough for the transcribers to do their job, well that changes things, I think.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure, they can record my discussion with the Doctor...as long as I can record the same! And they don't like for patients to record their patient's conversations.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update:

Integris gives patients access to the notes of an appointment. Imagine my surprise when the office notes from my appointment (entered by the PA) said I consented to the recording of office visits. I am REAL interested to see what the response to my email correcting that error is ...

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Update:

Integris gives patients access to the notes of an appointment. Imagine my surprise when the office notes from my appointment (entered by the PA) said I consented to the recording of office visits. I am REAL interested to see what the response to my email correcting that error is ...

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised that they even asked.

Oklahoma is not a "require to inform" state.
There is not a need to inform anyone that you are recording them, in public or on the phone.
And I'm not sure if the "no recording" signs would come into play either as they would have to be posted in every place that recording could be possible.
Honestly, I routinely record my medical visits so that I can remember what was said.
Not really sure I would routinely record my visits with my patients as it would be a pain in the ass to transcribe or attach each recording to their files. And the storage would be a problem.
That being said, there have been some that I have recorded for my own protection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom