Nope on Tesla....or Any Other EV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Buckle up, bros. The trend is that ICE vehicles will be outlawed by 2035. Either you'll go public transportation (yippee!) or EVs. The plan is to limit us re travel. They're going to make it so difficult to travel (cf the OP's article) that we'll just stay home. And what will "home" be?

The plan is for all us peons ("Peon": anybody not a billionaire.) to be confined to "15 minute" cities. Google "15 minute" city to see what our Masters have planned for us.
yep, even if the tech and infrastructure isn't there; they will force it.

git your early model OBD II cars NOW

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t understand why EVs cant have some kind of generator to charge themselves.
Because of the first law of thermodynamics: when energy passes into or out of a system (as work, heat, or matter), the system's internal energy changes in accordance with the law of conservation of energy.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Because of the first law of thermodynamics: when energy passes into or out of a system (as work, heat, or matter), the system's internal energy changes in accordance with the law of conservation of energy.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch...
yep, so far no one has been able to defeat it. always going to lose some energy when going thru the motions; that net loss is gone and you can't ever get above or EVEN a 1:1 return.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well to be honest tho, they chose a commuter car for a road trip.

i don't think at any point anyone has ever claimed "these make great cars for driving long distances!"
I tended to agree. Just crunches the numbers though and they drove 233 miles per charge (average) which isn’t anywhere near the 358 miles Tesla claims for their Model 3. I didn’t notice the model mentioned in the article but I’d assume they’d all be close. That’s 35% less than advertised…..not good. Personally I think it’s poor judgement on the customer’s part and horrible customer service on the part of Hertz. Even if they managed to get close to 350 they’re still would have had to have stopped at least four times to charge. I’ll stick with my evil ozone killing gasoline engine thank you very much.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I tended to agree. Just crunches the numbers though and they drove 233 miles per charge (average) which isn’t anywhere near the 358 miles Tesla claims for their Model 3. I didn’t notice the model mentioned in the article but I’d assume they’d all be close. That’s 35% less than advertised…..not good. Personally I think it’s poor judgement on the customer’s part and horrible customer service on the part of Hertz. Even if they managed to get close to 350 they’re still would have had to have stopped at least four times to charge. I’ll stick with my evil ozone killing gasoline engine thank you very much.
i agree but literally EVERY vehicle manufacturer lies about MPG; they used to do the tests at literally idle speeds to say "OMG YOU CAN GET 50 MPGS!!", several have been caught; there were lawsuits; still happens.

yes you can adjust your MPG by altering your driving mechanics, but we don't know if the same was being applied to the Tesla in this case.

what mode were they driving in? were they doing 30-70mph highway pulls wide open every time getting on the highway? everyone knows, and no one has ever claimed, that pegging the Tesla, especially in ludicrous mode or whatever (not sure the 3 has that....but i'm sure it has a sport mode or whatever they have now) is going to SIGNIFICANTLY affect your efficiency.

using my aforementioned miata, if i shift at 2,500-3k every time, never go past half throttle, i'll get over 30 mpgs. if i don't? with a lot of city driving and quick jumps from the line? it's more like 18 mpg.

that's the case for almost every car; it's all about how you drive it. most tesla owners have definitely admitted if they drive hard their range is significantly affected; but that's the same for any vehicle really.

>not a huge EV fan, just sayin'. i bet they couldn't help themselves with all that instant torque. the article reads like a hit piece; the entire point is "SEE?!? EV'S ARE BAD" which.....i mean saying "YOU GET LESS EFFICIENCY IF YOU DRIVE HARD OR IT'S COLD" isn't really....anything new.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
like the Porsche 918 and the Ferrari the Ferrari (best car name ever btw) get straight up MINUTES of power at their absolute peak performance. everyone knows that driving EV's hard will EAT the battery and make it SEVERELY less efficient.

pretty sure the McLaren P1 gets....like 6 minutes of EV power if you floor it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom