Occipital Cellulitis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Medications are a concern today being as most are made abroad. In the last 30, 45 days I've seen 4 eyedrops recalled due to contaminates. Be sure to ask if any issued meds are on a recall list. 😉.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Medications are a concern today being as most are made abroad. In the last 30, 45 days I've seen 4 eyedrops recalled due to contaminates. Be sure to ask if any issued meds are on a recall list. 😉.

You wouldn't believe how many people have asked me if I am using OTC eye drops! 😳😂😂😂 I'm so tempted to say something smartass but I know they are just trying to be nice.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well everybody's passing the buck. Lol Doc wants me to see an opthamologist, along with an ENT guy ... I will say this, though. I look 1000 times better than I did yesterday. Most of the edema has resolved and all I have left is a black eye from the swelling and pressure. The rim of both my upper and lower eyelids are still pretty red, as is the tissue inside my eyelid. Pretty sure there is some conjunctivitis going on now. The white of my eye is still pretty rough looking, too, but overall I do look markedly better than yesterday or Saturday.

I have an appointment with an optometrist tomorrow because none of the opthamologists can get me in for 30-45 days. I mostly just want to make sure it is healing up okay and the lesion the PA at the ER found is not getting worse.

The ENT's office is gonna call me. Apparently Scott might have been onto something with the chronic laryngitis being a symptom of something more serious. Shhhhh ... Don't tell him I said he was right after all!! 😱😉😂😂😂

And Friday the Xterra took a dump on me in front of Passions Church on Council (I know, I know ... Here's my sign. 😁) The general consensus is the fuel pump took a dump ... Sigh.

It's a good thing I don't have a full time job ... 🤷🤷🤷🤷

I'm gonna sit here and watch this episode of Fear Thy Neighbor until it's time to go take care of the critters. This year's been quite the adventure around here so far!! 😁😂

Last edited:

CanadianRiverRat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well THAT Gurl, you motivated me to make an appt. with my optometrist. Being half blind & such, I mis-read a previous post, jumped up yelling WTF!!!! NO NO OH HELL NO!!! Don't stick an ice pick in your face!!!! Scared the crap outta the dogs....then I re-read it and realized you said "an ice pack". Dam reading comprehension anyways!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well THAT Gurl, you motivated me to make an appt. with my optometrist. Being half blind & such, I mis-read a previous post, jumped up yelling WTF!!!! NO NO OH HELL NO!!! Don't stick an ice pick in your face!!!! Scared the crap outta the dogs....then I re-read it and realized you said "an ice pack". Dam reading comprehension anyways!

I will admit I'm the world's worst about taking a wait and see approach when it comes to my health. But this kinda spooked me. Stuff that spreads THAT fast is nothing to **** around with.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, they said to just treat the one eye ... No matter ... If I'm not MARKEDLY better by Monday morning I'm going to the ER. And if I get any worse than I am right now (took a pic so I can show ER I'm not just looking for attention) I'm going to the ER. Honestly, if Scott had been home I would have gone to ER this afternoon. But he wasn't and the Urgent Care is like 2-3 blocks from the house. I have NO depth perception right now so I'm not really comfortable driving in traffic right now.
I'm close you know. If you EVER need driven anywhere in town and cannot get Grumpy, call me.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to hear you are healing, if somewhat slowly.

A bit late to the party, but try to get to OU Med.

I lean toward the tonsillitis spreading, also. Into sinuses and into eye.
But, that is just speculation, IAMNAD.

Of course, the low protein intake is high on the list and should be remedied asap.

Speedy recovery, gurl

Latest posts

Top Bottom