Officer Shelby interview on 60 Minutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wasn't a man shot recently who was the caregiver for an autistic man? IIRC, the guy was complying and on the ground while still trying to communicate to the officers who he was and that the other individual had a mental condition.
Officer Shelby shot neither the care giver nor the deaf wood carver. She shot a guy in Tulsa.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with the hypothesis you guys are postulating as I happen to believe this too. What you're missing is evidence. There's no real physical evidence and you'd have to be in her mind at the moment of the shot to know for a certainty beyond a reasonable doubt. Regardless, there's no basis for a criminal prosecution because you don't have gross negligence, when taking into consideration qualified immunity.
I do not disagree I am pretty convinced the officer was used as a sacrifice by the political forces in Tulsa to appease the BLM types

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bates F'd up, I don't believe Mrs Shelby did. She was charged to appease an angry mob obviously. And if they don't bring a guilty verdict of some type and some type of prison time then there is going to be another mob. Bates is already whimpering about wanting out. Jail sucks and its even worse for a cop I would imagine. And a white cop who shot a black man, she'll never hit general population in the facility likely if they want to keep her alive. That sucks. Sacrificial lamb...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bates F'd up, I don't believe Mrs Shelby did. She was charged to appease an angry mob obviously. And if they don't bring a guilty verdict of some type and some type of prison time then there is going to be another mob. Bates is already whimpering about wanting out. Jail sucks and its even worse for a cop I would imagine. And a white cop who shot a black man, she'll never hit general population in the facility likely if they want to keep her alive. That sucks. Sacrificial lamb...

Any cop who gets prison time ends up in a special unit, I believe. They don't get put in genpop or they WOULD be taken out in a matter of days, if not hours.

It's a sad thing that we actually need a special unit in a correctional facility for LEOs. :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think she was a PC sacrificial lamb. She was given up to appease the BLM group and to heck with the police who are overwhelmed with the restrictions they have to work with. I think the young cop at age 22 that was recently murdered tried to hard to arrest the culprit vs shooting him and he himself was shot and killed in the process. However, had he shot the guy, he would have been hung as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom