Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust me... I deleted plenty to get a good one. I think it was more luck than anything. But thanks...I thought it was pretty decent.

I'm pretty sure if I could just find the right camera I'd be the next Ansel Adams. Just like shooting...if I could find a better gun I'd be a better shot...

View attachment 247489
I think I have the same problem, if I could afford a better mandolin/ guitar I would be a much better musician?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
WE went to Yellowstone NP years ago. I had a 35mm camra and a telephoto lens, I had only used this camera a couple of times, and was not very farmillior with it, or the lens. we stopped at a pull out and was out just looking around when a HUGE Bull Elk walked out on a cliff right next to this pull out. It literally looked like a Hartford commercial! This Elk just stood their looking around, so I change lens, and put on the long lens, he was likely a 150/200 ft away, when I got the lens changed with my shaking hands, he was still just posing for me. I zeroed in and was going to zoom in when the camra wouldn't work, twisting the lens just made it fuzzy, so I finelyy took some pictiures but could never get a good shot because of the distance. When we got home I ask a guy that uses a camera a lot, to look at my lens, to see what was wrong with it. He holds it up and slides the collor on the lens back and forth and says, it seems to be working fine to me. Talk about missing the photo of a lifetime, just because I didn't know how to operate this lens!

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WE went to Yellowstone NP years ago. I had a 35mm camra and a telephoto lens, I had only used this camera a couple of times, and was not very farmillior with it, or the lens. we stopped at a pull out and was out just looking around when a HUGE Bull Elk walked out on a cliff right next to this pull out. It literally looked like a Hartford commercial! This Elk just stood their looking around, so I change lens, and put on the long lens, he was likely a 150/200 ft away, when I got the lens changed with my shaking hands, he was still just posing for me. I zeroed in and was going to zoom in when the camra wouldn't work, twisting the lens just made it fuzzy, so I finelyy took some pictiures but could never get a good shot because of the distance. When we got home I ask a guy that uses a camera a lot, to look at my lens, to see what was wrong with it. He holds it up and slides the collor on the lens back and forth and says, it seems to be working fine to me. Talk about missing the photo of a lifetime, just because I didn't know how to operate this lens!
Gotta play with those new toys to learn them!

I bought my first digital camera. It was a Nikon.

Two friends and myself was headed to this pig hunt ranch for a weekend hunt.

On the way I was playing with the camera learning to use it and burned through a set of batteries (cr123's pretty sure).

I said, damn, this thing sucks down the batteries just playing, so I took it back and got a Canon that came with a rechargeable battery pack!

Much better!

Ps, after a few years the canon started to malfunction. I reached out to Canon cause I saw there was a known problem listed on the internet!

They sent a return shipping lable to me, and I sent it back on their dime!

Next thing I know and they send me a email saying the part to fix my camera was no longer available! ☹️

But they said they was sending me a newer model, and they did! 🙂

Been great for probably over 15 years now!

Dont use it much anymore with these cell phone cameras

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to -7°F this morning!

I held me binoculars up to the phone camera for this one!

Had to put the binos up against the glass to steady it!

991537F4-9F81-4BC8-A8A4-7F28BEE0DC6C.jpeg

Heavy frost on the tree!

Latest posts

Top Bottom