Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I know that they are still around. I see road runners almost daily. Horny toads are still around in fair numbers, but the quail and jack rabbits have almost disappeared from SW Oklahoma. I grew up hunting both, and neither was hard to find. The last jack rabbit that I saw around here was about two years, and I only saw one. Every now and then I will see a small covey of quail, but it’s definitely not like it used to be 20 or 30 years ago. I also never saw hogs, and they are everywhere now. It’s probably a combination of different things for the decline (pesticides, not enough prairie grass, predators, etc), but I’d like to see them return in better numbers.
We've got zero hogs, lot's of prairie/pasture, lot's of ag, lot's of ag chemical usage as well.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I know that they are still around. I see road runners almost daily. Horny toads are still around in fair numbers, but the quail and jack rabbits have almost disappeared from SW Oklahoma. I grew up hunting both, and neither was hard to find. The last jack rabbit that I saw around here was about two years, and I only saw one. Every now and then I will see a small covey of quail, but it’s definitely not like it used to be 20 or 30 years ago. I also never saw hogs, and they are everywhere now. It’s probably a combination of different things for the decline (pesticides, not enough prairie grass, predators, etc), but I’d like to see them return in better numbers.
There are a couple jackrabbits over here on Wolf road near me. I see them in the early morning usually but that's it. It's been since fall since I saw one of them. Hopefully the owls and coyotes haven't finished them off.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Colorado's twin sisters peaks. Looks like one sister with a nice set from my perspective. :hey3:

Attachments

• 20230517_062157.jpg
    20230517_062157.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom