Oklahoma Educators Safety and Self Defense Association

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell every public school teacher / faculty member you know!!! We are starting in the Tulsa area but hope this will go state wide. Any SDA instructors, LE officers, service members, or 2A supporters who wish to donate time or resources to support this cause please PM me or contact Dave at USSA.

http://www.facebook.com/OKsafeclassrooms?__req=g

We want a huge crowd at USSA on January 19th 10:00am, registration day for our educators, news media, and hopefully Oklahoma State Rep. Mark McCullough author of a bill that would allow trained teachers to carry. Lets make our State leaders take notice.

OPS CCW pic.jpg

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an employee of a school, I hope to be there. I don't have a Facebook, is there any information on the link that hasn't been posted?

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who else will show up to support the teachers who want this training?

The training will also include instruction on responses to active shooters. I believe that medical responses will be a part of the curriculum.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the story...I decided as a father I had to do all I could to see my children are safe. I went to USSA to rent the facilities to teach a free SDA / active shooter course to my kids teachers. The owners, management, and instructor John Zane at USSA felt as I did and wanted to do the same, word spread and the snowball is becoming an avalanche. So NEVER think you can't make a difference.

The SDA / active shooter response course is only the start. We are looking to provide the full spectrum of professional training and security services to help protect our schools and our children. There has been a huge interest in the training and a tremendous outpouring of good people wanting to help.

We want to protect EVERYONE's right to choose! Especially those who watch over our most precious resource. We will provide training and political support for teachers who wish to carry and we will provide alternative training for those who choose not to so they will have other tools to fight and protect the children in their care.

A registration day was necessary for two reasons. First off because we have enough interest that we need to schedule multiple classes, and second because we need to show our state legislators that a large number of people support trained teachers being able to exercise their right of self defense. Which in turn will help prevent a mass school shooting from happening here.

So PLEASE tell every public school employee you know that this training is going to be available and PLEASE come to USSA January 19th to stand with us as we ask the media to hear our voice and invite our political leaders to attend as well. Believe me the politicians took note when 600 Ohio, 400 Colorado, and several hundred Texas teachers showed up for similar training in their states.

Wouldn't it be something to have several hundred or even a thousand people there all showing their support for taking action to protect our school children.

I'd like to believe there will never be another school shooting. I'd like to think what happened at Beslan could NEVER happen in the U.S., but I know that's not reality.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be clear the registration day is for the reasons enumerated above. We will not be training that day but scheduling as many classes as needed to get every educator who wants to attend into a class.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if I'll be able to get to Tulsa that day, but I am well beyond interested and in full support. If there's an OKC registration, I'm almost certainly in line.

Please continue to post details and info.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounds like they want/need people to go to the Tulsa registration. A show of force if you will.

My wife is a teacher and has her CCW license. We'll do everything in our power to be there to support your cause. As it is one my wife and I both agree with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom