Oklahoma Educators Safety and Self Defense Association

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got word today Oklahoma Rep.Mark McCullough will be there and possibly Senator Tom Coburn.

PLEASE JOIN US at USSA on Saturday January 19th 10:00...let your voice be heard!!!

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think n2 brings up a valid point. One step in this process needs to be a change in the sda to the restriction of firearms locked in a private vehicle on grounds. As a community member, a husband, and a parent, I often am out in the community running errands between leaving from my job as a teacher and returning to my house. I think it is absolutely absurd that I am denied to have my firearm on me when entering grocery store, Walmart,etc... If I need to visit those places after work simply because I teach. Teachers and school employees are the only workers in the state denied the right have a firearm in a vehicle insuring the right to personal protection outside of building they work in.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
To ensure there is no confusion...These classes are FREE and are for teachers, staff, and faculty of any Oklahoma Public school.

If anyone wants a PDF flyer to give to someone who qualifies or wants to come support the registration / action day PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

THANK YOU EVERYONE

Do the employees have to be from a public school?

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope that we didn't steal your thunder. We didn't choose the date, as you well know. However, I can guarantee you that House Rep John Enns (Enid) and Senator Nathan Dahm (Owasso) will help you however they can.

I'm glad you had such an impressive turnout.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you Bryan, no issues here whatsoever. Grateful for what you all did at the capitol today. We had 150 sign up and probably 300+ people total who cam out today. Its a great start and once the teachers start talking I expect the program to grow. What was absolutely clear was teachers of all ages and both genders support ALL efforts to protect their kids. They were very passionate about wanting to keep the children safe.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked the crowd today for a show of hands of who worked in our schools as an educator. About 15 hands went up. I then asked "How many of you would give your life to protect the lives of your classroom full of kids?" Every hand went back up. I told them that I want them to have the right to carry the most effective tool for self defense, a lawfully carried handgun. The crowd went nuts. I'm just saying that you have wide support for what you are doing, even if most people don't yet know that you are doing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom