Oklahoma Educators Safety and Self Defense Association

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any OK public school employee can come register. USSA is the only facility that I presently have permission to use for this effort and they've been a major part of this. So some folks may have to make a longer drive than others but we are doing this for FREE.

There are interested people from all over Oklahoma. And this is about making our schools and kids safer so I'd be glad to help others duplicate this effort in other parts of OK. We should all come together for our kids.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd love to come but my calendar is already full that day. If something in the OKC area materializes I'd definately show up and get the training. I will pass this on to others.

I liked it on fb, so now everyone who knows me will know about it.

Paul

Last edited:

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The outpouring of support is great. This is a chance to make a real difference on many levels. We could make a change that could effect to safety of thousands of kids over multiple generations.

Think about it...kids growing up in schools where they know people are prepared to protect them with tools that the liberal tyrants want to vilify and take away. What's a greater way to protect the future of the second amendment then to empower our youth with the truth instead of lies.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an uncle who is a Principal at a smaller town school in Western Oklahoma. He told me at Christmas that if the State Law is changed, he will definitely concealed carry at school each and every day. He already has a handgun license. He's not exactly a gun nut, so I'd imagine that he is one of hundreds who feel the same way.

I just wish I'd started the process to become an instructor sooner so that I would be licensed by now.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I'm on board with this idea. But... IMO... the effort is unnecessarily narrow. Why restrict it to just teachers? Why not say that parents and grandparents of students who have a valid state issued CCW are allowed to carry when they are on school grounds? Personally I'm in and out of my children's middle school at least twice a week. Signing a kid out to go to a doctor or some kind of event. Signing them back in later. Or going by the office to drop off a forgotten lunch or cell phone. And every darn time... being forced to park across the street so that my vehicle isn't on school property. And then undoing my belt and removing my gun. And leaving that gun in the car while I cross the street to do my business in the school. How is that safer than just allowing me to carry in the school?

Sure, it's unlikely that myself or some other parent will "just be there" when an active shooter shows up. But the active shooter himself is extremely unlikely. Again IMO... the root justification for arming teachers (and parents) is to stop this whole No Guns stupidity so that a potential shooter will pick a different target rather than our children. If the signs came down and it was widely known that some of the staff carry guns and that parents with guns were regularly in and out of the school, that could well be enough to achieve the objective.

Gregg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I'm on board with this idea. But... IMO... the effort is unnecessarily narrow. Why restrict it to just teachers? Why not say that parents and grandparents of students who have a valid state issued CCW are allowed to carry when they are on school grounds? Personally I'm in and out of my children's middle school at least twice a week. Signing a kid out to go to a doctor or some kind of event. Signing them back in later. Or going by the office to drop off a forgotten lunch or cell phone. And every darn time... being forced to park across the street so that my vehicle isn't on school property. And then undoing my belt and removing my gun. And leaving that gun in the car while I cross the street to do my business in the school. How is that safer than just allowing me to carry in the school?

Sure, it's unlikely that myself or some other parent will "just be there" when an active shooter shows up. But the active shooter himself is extremely unlikely. Again IMO... the root justification for arming teachers (and parents) is to stop this whole No Guns stupidity so that a potential shooter will pick a different target rather than our children. If the signs came down and it was widely known that some of the staff carry guns and that parents with guns were regularly in and out of the school, that could well be enough to achieve the objective.

Gregg

I think this is a two point case. First, the teachers and administrators are there all day, every day. You're getting the most bang for your free training that way. Second, it's a lot less likely we'll get legislative approval for parents not under contract with the school to carry in school, which is one of the conditions of the GFSZA. If we get teachers in the door first, them have no issues with that, we can tackle the parent part of the equation.

The best way to get parents approved is to start with the teachers.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a start. Working to achieve the goal of training teachers and passing a law to allow them to carry doesn't mean we are not supporting other measures.

When you eat an elephant you have to start with a first bite somewhere. Lack of focus and resolve can kill any cause.

Latest posts

Top Bottom