Opioid Crisis in OK; Who’s to Blame?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, on a serious note: I didn't start this thread so we could take jabs at each other, so...please, let's not. And Chenry and Tanis143, I respect your opinions (even though you're wr... uh, never mind).

Are you sure you haven't sampled some of the medicinal herb medicine there? :D

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amen on the docs. My PCP, cardiologist, pain doc, and even my dentist are all probably 20 to 30 years younger than me, and I am very happy with them. Now, if they don't decide to leave me, I've got it made.
I was in the chair at my dentist and he and his nurse started talking about this song that came on over the piped music. He was saying, "Yeah, I think I was a junior when that song came out." and I was silently going "please mean dental school, PLEASE mean dental school!"

Nope. He meant high school. LOL!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was asking because I'm curious what this small sample of public opinion thinks and also because it looks like tomorrow, Johnson & Johnson is going to make a motion to just dismiss or drop the suit against them. If they do, and the judge rules in their favor on the motion, the trial is over and Att'ny General Mike Hunter loses the suit he filed.
I hope they get the case tossed out. It should never have made it to trial in the first place.

We can argue about whether it's all on the addicts or if their docs bear some responsibility, but saying that the companies who are making and selling a perfectly legal product are responsible for its misuse by end users is the same sort of lunacy that has politicrits suing gunmakers--especially since drug makers, like gunmakers, can't sell these products directly to the end users.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I hope they get the case tossed out. It should never have made it to trial in the first place.

We can argue about whether it's all on the addicts or if their docs bear some responsibility, but saying that the companies who are making and selling a perfectly legal product are responsible for its misuse by end users is the same sort of lunacy that has politicrits suing gunmakers--especially since drug makers, like gunmakers, can't sell these products directly to the end users.

More on the trial. Box's mom is a huge proponent for NARCAN and a huge effort to make sure everyone has access to it............ https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/craig-box-austin-box/

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ive-painkillers-anti-anxiety-drug-system-died

"A friend found Box unresponsive in the friend's El Reno home and called authorities the morning of May 19. The friend told a dispatcher Box wasn't breathing, that Box had been taking pain pills and later told a police officer "he believed he had overdosed."

An autopsy found the painkillers oxymorphone, morphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone and oxycodone in Box's system, along with the anti-anxiety drug alprazolam. The report noted Box's significant medical conditions included cardiomegaly, or an enlarged heart, and a chronic pain history."

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$572 million to be paid by Johnson & Johnson.............. I hope they appeal that for all it's worth. Folks think that their drug prices are high now, wait till drug makers start passing the lawsuit cost on down to the users.
Thats the d\\most ridiculous thing I've heard today. I hope every state in the nations sues just like this and you can bet your ass, its coming
These companies are killing people and lying about the addiction possibilities.
Drug manufacturers sent half a billion opiates to FL last year..really?

Latest posts

Top Bottom