Ouch this hurt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I worked for both 7-11 (5.5 years) and Farmcrest (2 years) convenience store chains the price of gasoline was adjusted (or not) on a daily basis based on what the other gas stations in the area were charging. One of my jobs each morning was to drive around to a specific set of other stations to see what they were charging for gas, then adjust (or not) ours either up or down based on what others were charging.
Price adjustments are not strictly because of OPEC, our government, state, city, or even refinery, but it is often the individual store manager that sets the price (always to his/her advantage).
Of course, if they get you in to buy a little cheaper gas, your likely to go inside and buy some overpriced junk food that is marked up 50% over what its worth.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ponca City has the highest gas prices in the state. I rarely fill up in town unless it's necessary.
Prefer to gas up at the Highway 60 and I-35 stations when going to the farms. Typically, .10 a gallon cheaper, and I can use a reward card to get another .05 a gallon off.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
$2.99 yesterday

Filled up at $2.75, last week

Wondering if it went up last night? Figured it would jump for the holiday weekend. Might drop a little bit Tuesday. I will fill up Wednesday.
OPEC announced a few days ago that it was cutting it's crude oil production to creat more demand, and raise prices! Now that Biden gave or SOLD, them BACK the right to set world crude oil prices, by MAKING US DEPENDENT ON THEM FOR IMPORTS, AGAIN!! Now they can control, crude prices, just like they have for the last 50/60 years, inder both parties leadership, except for when President Trump was in office, when his polocies and exutive orders, made us ENERGY SELF-SUFFICIENT, REMEMBER? VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OPEC announced a few days ago that it was cutting it's crude oil production to creat more demand, and raise prices! Now that Biden gave or SOLD, them BACK the right to set world crude oil prices, by MAKING US DEPENDENT ON THEM FOR IMPORTS, AGAIN!! Now they can control, crude prices, just like they have for the last 50/60 years, inder both parties leadership, except for when President Trump was in office, when his polocies and exutive orders, made us ENERGY SELF-SUFFICIENT, REMEMBER? VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't be fooled. The United States, even with Trump in Office wasn't and hasn't been energy independent since about 1948. Even so, compared to most Nations, we still have some of the lowest pump prices of all First World Countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_energy_independence

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got a friend that will drive 20 miles out of his way to ”save” a penny a gallon, and though I’ve tried, I can’t convince him that he’s a dumb@ss for doing it. :anyone:

Not for a penny, but I've waited to go to town for gas until I had something to do close to the Sam's on North May avenue in OKC. At times, I've seen their prices at 17-cents below "local" gas stations.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....wait....$6 and up gas is coming...petro dollar is gone....DC fiat is backed only with a promise and thin air...

other money backed by gold,...yuan,...ruble,...BRICS anyone...

and saudia and opec now taking it.... it over dollar

Don't worry,...baseball is coming ....so is dancing with the has beens......and don't forget Trump is bad...

...we just have not woke up from the decades of drinking

and we'll "elect" these same people .....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom