Outdoor America closing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They just keep dying off guys, for you old farts this is the order I remember, Andy Anderson sporting goods, Mashburn Arms, Southwest shooters and FBF aka OAS? I'm surly missing some Okc firearm institutions...please fill in the blanks OSA. :crying:

Remember them all and come to think of it shopped/bought at all of them. Fred's and SW were my favorites. Best prices around. I remember lots of folks coming from out of state to shop there.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used SW a lot, but went to OA 2 times in my 30 years of buying my own stuff. Both times I had a pocket full of cash yet could not get anyone to help spend it, to me I often wondered how they have made it so long.

Yep the choices get smaller each year.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They just keep dying off guys, for you old farts this is the order I remember, Andy Anderson sporting goods, Mashburn Arms, Southwest shooters and FBF aka OAS? I'm surly missing some Okc firearm institutions...please fill in the blanks OSA. :crying:

Been there, done them all. I miss those days...

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OAS has been going down a long slow hill for a while now.

This. QFE.

Overall, I am not surprised. While we bemoan the loss of another LGS, I did not see anyone mention Sooner State Pawn and the bang-up job they are doing of selling guns. Don't blame it all on the internet.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we are seeing these gun stores going out of business due to people buying from the internet and not taking the time to buy at local stores even if their prices are a little higher so that they can stay in business.

Meh. Ask reddog or one of the guys at fbt how they're doing.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
New age business model.

Some places are doing fine. Bass Pro and Dick's have the corner on the uneducated market where people are fine paying retail. H&H has their own business model as well that seems to be working, even though I won't be buying there.

But there's alot of ways to skin a cat. And even more ways to cook it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom