People seem scared. Anyone else notice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard over the intercom at Walmart the other day:Democrat shoppers, you can buy deodorant in the pharmacy to make yo ass stank not so much.
Walmart is the primary bastion of communism.

Nah, they are the primary bastion of eliminating American manufacturing. Democrats don't care. Republicans don't spend their dollars on foreign stuff that hurts U.S. jobs. They know American unions are in cahoots with the Chinese too.

SHOTGUN12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess is that the Wal-Mart crowd is more Democrat than Republican. Buying crap from China and dressing like white trash, skipping out on the frills of bathing...yeah. Democrats.
Republicans typically only buy from companies that support American manufacturing.
Not really a fair statement.
I surely can't defend some W-M shoppers dressing like homeless people, but tell us, where all
these companies (stores) are that "Support American Manufacturing", and I'll be doing business there.
There are no choice anymore in some cases.
Been in Lowe's lately .... or any other similar place? Probably 90%+ chi-com made. Who do you blame?
Maybe those in gov't that have made it so easy for the chi-coms to dump their crap in our markets .... resulting
in American job losses? Maybe the Joe Biden type of traitors. I.... for one, will (and have paid) more for USA
made products over the chi-com stuff, when there is an actual choice.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really a fair statement.
I surely can't defend some W-M shoppers dressing like homeless people, but tell us, where all
these companies (stores) are that "Support American Manufacturing", and I'll be doing business there.
There are no choice anymore in some cases.
Been in Lowe's lately .... or any other similar place? Probably 90%+ gook made crap. Who do you blame?
Maybe those in gov't that have made it so easy for the gooks to dump their **** in our markets .... resulting
in American job losses? Maybe the Joe Biden type of traitors. I.... for one, will (and have paid) more for USA
made products over the chink made crap, when there is an actual choice.

You make choices based on American jobs.

Pat Buchanan coined a term - "Economic Patriotism". I 100% agree with the term, and the action. Sam Walton used to have American flags under each item in WM that was American made. It was part of the marketing, and a reflection of Sam's beliefs. As is often the case, the family isn't quite so focused on their country and employees as they are with the bottom line.

The switch to Chinese goods could not have happened without the consent and participation of the American consumer. So instead of blaming politicians and unions for eliminating manufacturing here, they should look in the mirror.

Back to the OP - people are scared because they're realizing how vulnerable they are.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last week I needed a pair of mud boots and was shocked to see the ones Walmart sold were made in the USA and Canada.

SHOTGUN12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You make choices based on American jobs...

The switch to Chinese goods could not have happened without the consent and participation of the American consumer. So instead of blaming politicians and unions for eliminating manufacturing here, they should look in the mirror.

I'll have to agree with that for sure, but for most, the allure of the lower prices is definitely a factor in their decisions. As I
mentioned, I will always buy US when there's a choice. While it does hurt sometimes, I do sleep better at night.

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last week I needed a pair of mud boots and was shocked to see the ones Walmart sold were made in the USA and Canada.
Walmart has put a lot of companies out of business only to end up owning them and being able to make that made int he USA claim. There is very few things made 100% in the USA from 100% USA sourced raw materials.

GWinOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
CB593742-2A26-4865-9B3D-B0F1FAC3236F.jpeg

Walmart has put a lot of companies out of business only to end up owning them and being able to make that made int he USA claim. There is very few things made 100% in the USA from 100% USA sourced raw materials.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This is very true. We can’t survive as a nation with only 100% USA supplied products.
We just don’t have the raw materials to produce them and process them economically. Some of the most common materials we use are only in other countries.
When NAFTA went into effect our company lost lots of business to Mexico. We got it back later as the quality controls in the Mexican process were lacking severely.
Cheap manufacturing does not equal quality manufacturing that our shop produced.
Tariffs have not been put on those items, only on those items that we had a trade deficit on that could be manufactured in the US with less regulations. Obama/Biden administration put so many regulations out there that manufacturing had to go overseas to stay alive.
O bummer said it could never happen to bring manufacturing back.
Trump proved him wrong many times over until covid hit.
It’s coming back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom