Pepper spray?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a can of First Defense MK-3. Stream.

How good is that stuff?

I have been meaning to order some Fox.

This is for around the yard, nieghbor lets his dogs run loose, they like to try to bite.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1shott said:
I bought a can of First Defense MK-3. Stream.

How good is that stuff?

I have been meaning to order some Fox.

This is for around the yard, nieghbor lets his dogs run loose, they like to try to bite.

Look for 2 numbers:

1) the dilution percentage

2) the Scoville Heat Units or SHU's.

That will tell you a bit about the quality.

I prefer the cone or fogger to the stream for the use you describe.

Michael Brown

RDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For dogs:

Fog,foam, and stream have all worked for me. It's really best to get the "magnum" or "long range" version of whichever you choose.

You'll be able to double or triple your striking distance...giving the OC more time to work and giving you more time and space to react. At close range, more product will be applied with more force...good things!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
how much gets in your own face if any when used? is it pretty moch contained to where you aim it? I cant' carry a gun at school, thinking about pepper spray.

kgull85

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think someone on here (other than me) should volunteer to be sprayed with several different brands of OC and then report which one is the best.

I have some Fox 5.3 that I usually carry.

The comment about having OC being helpfull for a lawsuit could also be flipped the other way. "Why did you use your gun when you had the OC? You could have used it and it would have stopped the attacker."

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
kgull85 said:
I think someone on here (other than me) should volunteer to be sprayed with several different brands of OC and then report which one is the best.

I have some Fox 5.3 that I usually carry.

Its been done.:)

I take a hit every other year in training.

My experience has been that among the quality brands there isn't much difference.

The carrier and configuration seem more important than anything else.

Michael Brown

Kelly Drown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow... old thread. :) I ended up buying several cans of the FOX spray. I keep one in my car, and my wife keeps one in her car. Mostly because I'm an idiot and bought the 4oz (or whatever the big can was) can not realizing how big it would be. I've since ordered here the smaller size for her to carry in her purse.

Question though... is it legal to carry around pepper spray on your belt out in the open? Like when I go camping, I carry that one around on the outside of my belt but I don't really know if it's legal in all states. I assumed it was.

-Kelly

kgull85

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kelly Drown said:
Wow... old thread. :) I ended up buying several cans of the FOX spray. I keep one in my car, and my wife keeps one in her car. Mostly because I'm an idiot and bought the 4oz (or whatever the big can was) can not realizing how big it would be. I've since ordered here the smaller size for her to carry in her purse.

Question though... is it legal to carry around pepper spray on your belt out in the open? Like when I go camping, I carry that one around on the outside of my belt but I don't really know if it's legal in all states. I assumed it was.

-Kelly

I think I've read on the internet (so it has to be true) that pepper spray is not legal in some states. I haven't found anything that restricts it's use here in OK though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom