Personal Sale Background Check

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love how they are using the term "trafficking" like its a crime.

Why don't they use "legal transaction between sellers"?

The stupid idiots don't even take into consideration that the majority of criminals are using guns illegally acquired.

Wasn't Fast & Furious gun trafficking?? Oh I forgot, when the Obama administration does it---it isn't trafficking. Mexican drug cartels getting American straw purchased guns was all part of "the plan".

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to know how many felons that lied on the forms and were stopped from getting a gun were charged ?

They throw around numbers like 58,000 gun transfers were stopped by the background check, but only around 4 people were charged. This indicates to me that the vast majority were false denials, but they spin it like they stopped 58,000 felons from getting guns. I was denied once just after Sandyhook and when I appealed it the FBI said they had no idea why I was denied because I was OK to buy...

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They throw around numbers like 58,000 gun transfers were stopped by the background check, but only around 4 people were charged. This indicates to me that the vast majority were false denials, but they spin it like they stopped 58,000 felons from getting guns. I was denied once just after Sandyhook and when I appealed it the FBI said they had no idea why I was denied because I was OK to buy...

I don't remember the numbers, but I read that a lot of the "transfers stopped by the background check" are false positives; people that shouldn't have been denied, and with a minimum of effort are cleared and then allowed to purchase a firearm.

The whole truth means nothing to anti-gunners.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somehow, if universal background checks goal can be reached, by laws or executive action, THEN the real objective of firearm registration can be achieved.

BillMac

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt it. I heard they did some kind of poll that was designed to elicit a preferred response so they could spin it the way they wanted afterwards.

Statistics can be made to say whatever the poll taker wants them to say. That's the beauty of numbers! Simply by phrasing things a certain way they can be construed to support any side, good or bad. I'd venture to say that a large percentage of that 74% had no idea they were answering the way the poll was intended to be interpreted.

BillMac

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read this just yesterday on the NRAILA website. Illegal purchases are almost always plea bargained down to insane charges (not insanity defenses), ridiculous things like 10 years probation. That makes them available to go buy more straw purchased guns to further the cause of gun control! That was reported by the Washington Times article.

Latest posts

Top Bottom