Pharmacies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner Glen Mulready is accusing CVS Pharmacy and pharmaceutical benefit manager Caremark Maintenance Choice Program of not following a state law allowing patients to choose their pharmacy.
"I am convinced that CVS/Caremark does not want to follow Oklahoma law and wants to find every opportunity to skirt their responsibility," Mulready said. "I am extremely frustrated with the misinformation and confusion presented to Oklahoma consumers."

Last edited:

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well well I've said it before and I'll say it again. SHOP LOCAL!!! Use an independent!!! Yes CVS/Caremark as well as the other chains continually break the law and nobody will stop them. You folks complaining about CVS & Walgreens get what you deserve for going to them. We get transfers everyday from CVS and Walgreens because they will not take care of them. Somebody said they were getting shorted, well that happens with every pharmacy, we have shortages also. Not our fault, our wholesaler has trouble getting some meds. It's just like every thing else, there are shortages. Oh and by the way my wife and I own an independent pharmacy, we have 2 locations 1 in NW OKC and 1 in Edmond. I'll get off the soap box now. Ya all have a nice day.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walgreens and CVS are both trash! Shop local and go with an independent, the prices are often times cheaper than them and the customer service is way better. I avoid Walmart like the plague

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well well I've said it before and I'll say it again. SHOP LOCAL!!! Use an independent!!! Yes CVS/Caremark as well as the other chains continually break the law and nobody will stop them. You folks complaining about CVS & Walgreens get what you deserve for going to them. We get transfers everyday from CVS and Walgreens because they will not take care of them. Somebody said they were getting shorted, well that happens with every pharmacy, we have shortages also. Not our fault, our wholesaler has trouble getting some meds. It's just like every thing else, there are shortages. Oh and by the way my wife and I own an independent pharmacy, we have 2 locations 1 in NW OKC and 1 in Edmond. I'll get off the soap box now. Ya all have a nice day.

Yeah, that's a great business promo, right there. It's along the lines of saying a woman was raped because of the way she was dressed.

Did it ever occur to you that not everyone is aware of the ins and outs of how pharmacies work?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ins and out of how pharmacies work??? What has that to do with shopping local?

Well you brought it up with your allegations of illegal actions by big pharmacies. I've never heard of that. I doubt most people have.

And, BTW... Most Walgreens, CVS and WalMarts are local to the people who shop there. They may not be independent, but they're local.

When you get a new customer that comes in and complains about poor service from WalMart or whatever other chain pharmacy your response to them is..."Too bad. You deserved it for taking your business there."

Yeah...that would really convince me to move my business to your pharmacy.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You said the people complaining about CVS and Walgreen's "get what you deserve" for getting prescriptions filled there. Not me.

You also said "CVS/Caremark as well as the other chains continually break the law..." That is absolutely an allegation. It's an allegation until the crime has been proven.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones to get a letter from CVS saying that I can no longer get my maintenance scripts by mail and in 90 day supplies.

This after being forced into that program a few years back.

Now I am on my own so to speak.

They already do not cover one script, another they did then decided not to cover. Today my pharmacist calls me to inform me that the manufacture has changed the packaging for the medication, that I was getting with manufacture discounts, and now its going to be $400 a refill. No more discounts.
I replied nice knowing you **** it.

I think in ocotober when its time to re up, I am getting out of all insurance. I will be one of the army of uninsured who get it all for free. I will help to bring down the system, screw it single payer here we come.

Latest posts

Top Bottom