Poll: Would you stay or leave Oklahoma if it left the Union?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you stay or leave if Oklahoma left the Union?

• I would stay in Oklahoma or the new nation it joined..

Votes: 92 82.1%
  • I would leave to live in the U.S.A.

Votes: 20 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I was driving. You have a point. I think this cycle is somewhat worse just because of the differences in people are greater than they were then. I also think the corruption of our leaders is MUCH greater than it was. People are more willing to sacrifice their liberties for empty promises more nowadays. I don't know, it just seems more volatile now than it did back then. I just think two cultures that are so different from one another will eventually clash, especially with this game where one side dominates the other and vice versa. I think Americans resent each other more now than they have since the 60's and early 70's.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dunno, even when i was in the service more than a few people insinuated Okies were out of the loop, so to speak.

Having raised my family in PA and moving them to Oklahoma, they still suffer some culture shock, and its been 7 years. So i kinda think alot of the idea of devisivness comes from our being very conservative in our culture.

But i dunno.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno, even when i was in the service more than a few people insinuated Okies were out of the loop, so to speak.

Having raised my family in PA and moving them to Oklahoma, they still suffer some culture shock, and its been 7 years. So i kinda think alot of the idea of devisivness comes from our being very conservative in our culture.

But i dunno.

Well, that's kinda my point. We're a different people entirely. We think about work different, liberties and the role of gov't different, family different, loyalty to country different than say California or Massachusetts. If we're that different to the point we resent each other, then maybe it's time we had a different nation.

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the current political nonsense that goes on, I think I'd join the new nation. I probably would've joined the South for the idea of states' rights (not slavery). I don't believe that our gun rights would be safe with any red states leaving the Union.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, you really need to get out more.
Spend a few years herding Yaks in Mongolia or something.

Mmmm..... Yak milk.

Seriously, do you not think we're that different? Look at some of the vitriol that gets spewed on this forum. And this is a place where we all have something in common!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom