Precious Metal stacking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$1.25 in 1964 is equivalent to $12.51 in 2024 dollars.

$1.25 invested in the S&P in 1964 would be ~$394 today.

$1.25 in 1964 would buy about 1oz of silver, which would be worth ~$27 today.

No building of wealth with silver, and the versatility and convenience that was never used had a hefty price. It was a lesson learned for me. Now gold is a different story...

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1846.jpeg

It’s not much but I came by it honestly 😃. I just picked up 10 dollars face value junk from Edmond coins. I didn’t go in there for that but they had a huge container of junk and it spoke softly to me. I need about 10 more American eagles to fill my three books.

feral

Armish farmer
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 492562
It’s not much but I came by it honestly 😃. I just picked up 10 dollars face value junk from Edmond coins. I didn’t go in there for that but they had a huge container of junk and it spoke softly to me. I need about 10 more American eagles to fill my three books.
A fine treasure...yarr

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 492562
A stack any man could be proud of. Shoot me a pm with the ASEs your need and I'll see if I can help you out. If you don't mind me asking, what was the junk silver price times face?

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A stack any man could be proud of. Shoot me a pm with the ASEs your need and I'll see if I can help you out. If you don't mind me asking, what was the junk silver price times face?
It was 22 times face. Not a great deal but he did me a solid on another deal a while back. I’ll go through my books and write down what I need, maybe we can trade or something. I got some duplicate ase, some 14 and 18k, bunch of other random stuff.

Edit- because I can’t type and got the face times wrong, good catch snake. Turns out it was not a bad deal, I had other things going on in my head and prolly shouldn’t be buying PMs when distracted

Last edited:

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was 12 times face. Not a great deal but he did me a solid on another deal a while back. I’ll go through my books and write down what I need, maybe we can trade or something. I got some duplicate ase, some 14 and 18k, bunch of other random stuff
Is that "12" a typo?

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 492562
I've got some loose ASEs. What do you need?

Latest posts

Top Bottom