Question for the LE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I see retired police interceptors all the time driving around okc, black and white with the light still attached. If you type police interceptor in the search field of Craigslist, there will be a half dozen for sale. A person with a retired police car certainly cannot impersonate an police officer. I don't think there's a problem about the light.

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If a LEO says it's illegal, isn't it? Is there really anything to stop them from ticketing/arresting you, even on a wrongful charge? Aren't you only supposed to argue after the fact? That's what I here from everyone on here, so I think that's the way it is. Hell, I've had LEO's threaten to take me to jail just because I pissed them off, just the way it is. But I'm positive the spotlight isn't illegal, regardless. Once you've been put in the pokey, you could spend your money to pay all the legal fees and court costs, the system wins either way.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a LEO says it's illegal, isn't it? Is there really anything to stop them from ticketing/arresting you, even on a wrongful charge? Aren't you only supposed to argue after the fact? That's what I here from everyone on here, so I think that's the way it is. Hell, I've had LEO's threaten to take me to jail just because I pissed them off, just the way it is. But I'm positive the spotlight isn't illegal, regardless. Once you've been put in the pokey, you could spend your money to pay all the legal fees and court costs, the system wins either way.

If an officer threatens to arrest me for an imaginary law and I'm 100% certain it isn't a law, then I'll smile and tell them to jump if they feel froggy. By the time I'm done, the officer will have learned a very valuable lesson and I may have some spare change in my pocket! (actually, I'd probably try and help the officer to not make such a mistake, even if they were an azzhat about it).

The problem comes when you're pretty sure, but not 100%. It's just not worth an argument and arrest. Regardless, it's foolish to argue and fight with them over it. If they arrest you and they're 100% wrong, let your lawyer and the agency work it out in your favor.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check the state laws. It's not illegal to have it. It is illegal to use it on public roads. There is a law against lights higher than your headlights (or something to that effect) with exception for LE, etc. I don't have the link, but you can search for it. OK laws are on the internet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom