question on selling a long gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calixt0

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all, still trying to understand some of the things I can and can't do in Oklahoma (as compared to California where I couldn't do anything).. I'm trying to sell a long gun.. someone from Texas claims to be in town.. can I see it to them? I don't think so but not sure.. Ok.. I'm heading down to Texas.. can someone in texas buy my long gun if I happen to be in texas?

Thanks for an info

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sell of long guns can be made through an ffl if the buyer is from a neighboring state. I.E. texas resident can buy a long gun in Oklahoma and take it back to Texas and vise versa. This is only for long guns (no handguns or "other") and only bordering states. Now finding an ffl that will actually do it is another story.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would it be wrong to sell a gun to a Texan...if no paperwork is filled out who cares
Well, it IS against the law. While I may not agree with all of our laws, I'm not about to willingly break them to put my future in jeopardy. I think it's important we stand above and hold ourselves to the highest standards if it is possible and... well, I just think it's a good idea, so we don't reflect poorly on the firearms community.

Kinda like the report lately about the DoJ (wasn't it?) trying to buy guns illegally online and they got turned down every time by law-abiding gun owners. Very, very nice.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would it be wrong to sell a gun to a Texan...if no paperwork is filled out who cares

I will say I know of one person who accidentally (well...) purchased a gun across state lines back a few years ago, before they knew it wasn't allowed. There was no nefarious intentions, and they have worried ever since that that gun could cause them some problems in the future if anything ever happened and it went through a thorough check of its transit from place to place and person to person. But... there is no way to "make it right" as far as I am aware - what's done is done, it just sits in their safe and weighs on their mind. Nothing like seeing good people being made "an example" to make other good people afraid of their own government for well-intentioned mistakes.

This is the world we live in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom