Questions about "Bore Snakes"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wufee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never used them but am thinking about giving them a try. Do you presoak the barrel? Do you put solvent on the snake? Is it a good product or not? How do you men use them?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do the same as Okietool ... a little solvent down the barrel ... let it sit for a minute ... little solvent on the snake ... and off she goes.

Snakes are okay for occassional cleaning but I prefer swabs and brushes. Just seems to keep things a little cleaner.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are nice to carry to the range or in the field, they don't take up much room. There is even a little kit with belt loops that has a handle, some Hoppe's oil and bore solvent.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never used them but am thinking about giving them a try. Do you presoak the barrel? Do you put solvent on the snake? Is it a good product or not? How do you men use them?

Oh, wait ... I didn't realize you were only talking to "the men" ... please disregard anything I have said and carry on ...

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't "soak" the barrel. I don't put anything on the snake and usually just a drip or 2 of oil in the barrel and then run the snake...very good product...

this has all been answered before as well.

I think on stuff like this, for myself at least, I would rather see a new thread than an old one ressurected.

That way, if you subscribed, you don't have to sit through it again.

Last edited:

wufee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, wait ... I didn't realize you were only talking to "the men" ... please disregard anything I have said and carry on ...

Oppps, sorry B-bunny I'm still feeling my way around and am no doubt still acting like a cub bear. I'm really enjoying this place and find myself spending more time here. I also hang around a sports site but they're not as nice as OSA folks are, so I'm dusting off my manners and want to play nice. Anyway thanks for letting me hang.

Latest posts

Top Bottom